Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's Get Alter Bridge To Ireland!

Options
  • 30-06-2014 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

My name is Enda Healy and I am an Irish fan of Alter Bridge. My plan is to try and gather as many signatures as possible of genuine Irish AB fans between now (June 2014) and November 2014, Then I am going to try an present this petition of signitures to Myles Kennedy in Dublin when he will be touring with Slash. This is my plan to try and bring to the attention of these guys that there is a strong Alter Bridge Irish Fan Base here. Alter Bridge Petition http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/lets-get-alter-bridge-to-ireland.html

Alter Bridge is an American rock band formed in 2004. The band consists of lead vocalist and guitarist Myles Kennedy, lead guitarist and backing vocalist Mark Tremonti, bassist Brian Marshall, and drummer Scott Phillips. To date Alter Bridge have released 4 studio albums One Day Remains (2004), Blackbird (2007), AB III (2010), Fortress (2013).

On the strength of these 4 studio albums, Alter Bridge have toured extensively across the world and naturally have gathered a considerable global fan base as a result. But to date, they have never played a show on the island of Ireland, and that is something I am going to try and correct.

FACEBOOK LINK
    https://www.facebook.com/IrishAlterBridge?ref=hl

PETITION LINK
    http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/lets-get-alter-bridge-to-ireland.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Not sure what good it will do but I signed it anyway, A lot of bands have never played Ireland or Skip us fairly regularly mostly bands themselves don't choose where they play.

Their last tour was £25 for 3 bands in the U.K. and a cheap flight/accom wasn't anything more than what you'd pay in Dublin unless of course the London date.

Its easy to see why they haven't toured here they've been pretty much an arena band in the UK and mainland Europe since Blackbird and there's a massive gap between selling out the Academy/Olympia which I've no doubt they would to playing to a half empty O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ehealo

So, summer 2017 is looking good for a first Alter Bridge Irish show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 brian1983

ehealo wrote: »
    So, summer 2017 is looking good for a first Alter Bridge Irish show!!

Oh yeah? What have you heard?

Myles Kennedy and Mark Tremonti gave an interview about a month ago. And during the interview the touring question came up. Ireland was named as being one of the country's they want to hit during The Last Hero tour. So, keep your fingers crossed. I really do think it's going to happen this time.

That'd be great. I'd love to see them live. Such a great band! I hope the new album is good. Show me a leader is growing on me the more I listen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

This would be class :)

It sure would be class. I meet Mark in Belfast back in June and one thing he said to me was that he was glad that he got Tremonti to Ireland before Alter Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Trevor O

And so it was that they graced the Emerald Isle! :-)

Yeah, got my ticket. Should be a great gig. I wonder if the petition had any sway in the decision to come here?

Advertisement