Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installed AMD Gaming Evolved. Can I now uninstall Catalyst control centre?

Options
  • 01-07-2014 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

Installed AMD Gaming Evolved after a game told me my drivers were out of date. I expected it to automatically detect that CCC was installed but it didnt, now I have both programs on my computer.

Can I uninstall Catalyst CC now? Or whats the story. Kind of confused tbh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

No, they're completely separate.

Gaming Evolved is AMD tied in with Raptr - an application that manages and launches your games and gives you rewards if you have an account with them.

CCC controls your graphics card directly. All gaming evolved does is "optimize" your games setting them to the "ideal" graphics card settings.

If you're wondering if you should keep both, if you play games then yes...it's a handy little application and the rewards do build up it just takes ages. The dock removes the need to have your game shortcuts on the desktop (for the games it detects, it's normally able to detect all your games) and the presets are nice if you don't want to go changing the advanced settings of games.

Advertisement