Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Rugby Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

molloyjh wrote: »
    Funny but also totally moronic. He knew what he was doing and that it would be caught on camera, if not by the officials.

Yeah, I would've just picked the ball up and ran with it and score a try.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah, I would've just picked the ball up and ran with it and score a try.. :D

Ah ak you'd have had 98m to make. You'd never have completed that without picking up an injury! :D

molloyjh wrote: »
    Ah ak you'd have had 98m to make. You'd never have completed that without picking up an injury! :D

Well it'd just my luck to make it only to find out it wasn't the actual match ball. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Just to allay fears from earlier on this thread (respecting we have a whole thread for this issue) North won't play on Saturday, will see a neuro surgeon this week, and Dr O Driscoll has recommended he doesn't play again this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

.ak wrote: »
    Well it'd just my luck to make it only to find out it wasn't the actual match ball. :P

Get Peter allan as AR and your sorted :(

errlloyd wrote: »
    Just to allay fears from earlier on this thread (respecting we have a whole thread for this issue) North won't play on Saturday, will see a neuro surgeon this week, and Dr O Driscoll has recommended he doesn't play again this season.

Just read that on bbc site. The Dr says its 4th serious head knock/concussion. Assuming he means England x 2, wasps and the other was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭postitnote

aimee1 wrote: »
    Just read that on bbc site. The Dr says its 4th serious head knock/concussion. Assuming he means England x 2, wasps and the other was?

Apparently
    He missed Wales' 12-6 win over South Africa in November after being concussed against New Zealand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Nathan Hughes banned for three weeks, panel decided that no evidence that it was deliberate, so gave him four weeks for recklessness with one week off for clean record.

Hmmm, seems pretty lenient, but it's in line with what Taofifenua got for his kick on Olding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Nathan Hughes banned for three weeks, panel decided that no evidence that it was deliberate, so gave him four weeks for recklessness with one week off for clean record.

Hmmm, seems pretty lenient, but it's in line with what Taofifenua got for his kick on Olding.

James Haskell seems not to agree with you whatsoever going by his tweet

• Advertisement

Wang King wrote: »
    James Haskell seems not to agree with you whatsoever going by his tweet

I wouldn't want to live in a world where James Haskell and I agree on anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

I wouldn't want to live in a world where James Haskell and I agree on anything.

He's not the only one though, quite a few players seem to have spoken out against the ban,

Wang King wrote: »
    He's not the only one though, quite a few players seem to have spoken out against the ban,

I don't see how to be honest. The defence seems to be "it was an accident, no intent, blah blah blah", but that's exactly what the disciplinary panel found! Wasps are going to appeal the ban and their argument will be that the panel got it right? Good luck with that, lads.

It's the same ignorance of the rules of rugby that we see on boards.ie every time there's a contentious decision, I'd be disappointed if pro rugby players were as badly informed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

It's just the same as the South Africa squad and their justice for Bakkies campaign. When you're that close to the incident it's impossible to be objective.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

The new Scrum.com is pants. It looks much better but they've discarded a lot of the information they had available. For instance, if I want to look at only Pro12 fixtures, there's no link for that. You can click on fixtures but they'll only provide them for the coming week. You can click on tournament and go into the Pro12 section but all they have is news.

So many stats....lost....like tears in the rain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Yeah I noticed that, so far I'm not a fan.

There's been a couple of other sites that have updated their formats, I presume to make it easier for people on phones and the like, but I've ended up stopping looking at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Buer wrote: »
    The new Scrum.com is pants. It looks much better but they've discarded a lot of the information they had available. For instance, if I want to look at only Pro12 fixtures, there's no link for that. You can click on fixtures but they'll only provide them for the coming week. You can click on tournament and go into the Pro12 section but all they have is news.

So many stats....lost....like tears in the rain.

The argument to present "facts" just got very bloody hard!!

its_phil wrote: »
    The argument to present "facts" just got very bloody hard!!

Absolutely. I love going back through old games and seeing the line ups etc. Have found it now. It's still there but just buried away.

To find the information, you can get them by going into the archived history:

http://en.espn.co.uk/scrum/rugby/series/index.html

Should be able to filter all results, fixtures etc. by team in there. Bad design though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Wasps are appealing the Nathan Hughes ban.

North has been rules out until May supposedly as well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Things aren't too good for Patchell either
    According to WalesOnline, Patchell has no memory of the entire trip to Belfast, stretching from Thursday's flight all the way to his return to Wales.

It is unclear how long he will be out of action, with concussion very much in the limelight in rugby at the moment.

"Rhys will undergo the game’s return to play protocols but we are unclear when he will be fit to resume," said Blues chief executive Richard Holland.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

CatFromHue wrote: »

Jesus. That's pretty bad all right. And scary.

That's scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

CatFromHue wrote: »

Not good at all.

Just WTF was Williams thinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ouncer

I suggested some months ago that the scrum is simply dangerous. Thomond questioned the stats on my belief. The more this goes on the more I figure the centres are at greatest risk. Buckley has played every game this season but centres are falling by the wayside. Example is Stewart olding, a really fine centre talent, who is looking at a very prolonged time away from the game. Connacht has lost Finn, lost ronaldson, and I do get the impression that the opposition big boys are simply so big they are physically hurting centres.

• Advertisement

I think you have to look at how some of the players are getting injured. In Patchell's case it was foul play but I didn't think that was the case for Ronaldson, I haven't seen the others so I don't know.

When you look at North's though
    1 was an accident, the Hibbard one
    2 was ok as the ball was free, the one he got kicked in the head against England
    3 (the Hughes one) wasn't great but I'm not sure if he was foul play. Definitely careless and reckless.

Olding was simply tackled into touch and his knee buckled. Peter Stringer could have been the one tackling him. It wasn't a big hit, just went down awkwardly. On first viewing, you wouldn't have even known there was an injury until he didn't get up.

Olding was simply tackled into touch and his knee buckled. Peter Stringer could have been the one tackling him. It wasn't a big hit, just went down awkwardly. On first viewing, you wouldn't have even known there was an injury until he didn't get up.

that was similar to how david wallace got hurt in 2011.

that was similar to how david wallace got hurt in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Clermont insane at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Best half of rugby played all season from Clermont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Northampton torn to pieces again. Great Clermont performance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

I worry leinster away to (toulon) could be this
    Cmon Wasps miracle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭A-Train

Clermont are unreal today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Few things in rugby more enjoyable than Northampton or Saracens getting hammered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

In Slovenia flicking through the channels and I randomly come across Exeter V Newcastle on SK6, one of their sports channels.

Gutted as I was desperately trying to find an Irish pub earlier when the Leinster game was probably on in the hotel room. Can't believe they show live rugby matches here in Slovenia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Strange place to have a stopover on your way to Sydney !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭thirteen.

Take a look at @tomwood678's Tweet: https://twitter.com/tomwood678/status/584461274324557826?s=09

Thanks to Clermont for inviting us to their open training session today. We've left our non contact bibs in the changing rooms #humbled

thirteen. wrote: »
    Take a look at @tomwood678's Tweet: https://twitter.com/tomwood678/status/584461274324557826?s=09

Thanks to Clermont for inviting us to their open training session today. We've left our non contact bibs in the changing rooms #humbled

that is pure gold. Its how to accept a defeat with good grace summed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

Brilliant, Murray Kinsella analyses Joe Schmidts performance against France in 89 http://jrnl.ie/2029097

• Advertisement

Colin Slade looks to be the next in the Pau revolution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Bridge93 wrote: »

Considering the teams that have been relegated recently you need to spend big to stay up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Bridge93 wrote: »

What?! Where did you hear this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

It was reported in the Midi.

Pau appear to be the next Toulon with the backing of Total an oil company. They are building a new stadium too and got a crowd of near 10,000 at the weekend which is very good for a second tier Pro D2 match. Heck its a good Pro12 crowd.

Just looking at the ProD2 table and fixtures and EOS's Biarritz look like they should get into the play off spots for promotion.

They're currently 6th, teams 2-5 go into the play offs, on points difference but they've 3 winnable games left. Their results are very French from what I can see so far i.e. they win at home but lose away.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    What?! Where did you hear this?

The Score had an article on it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭croket

European Challenge Cup Qualifying Competition results :

Pool A
    El Salvador 12-62 Calvisano

Table
    1- Calvisano (Italy) - 10 pts
    2- Viadana (Italy) - 5 pts
    3- El Salvador (Spain) - 0 pt

Pool B
    Enisey-STM 19-15 Mogliano

Table
    1- Enisey-STM (Russia) - 9 pts
    2- Mogliano (Italy) - 6 pts
    3- CDU Lisbon (Portugal) - 0 pt

Play off
    18 April :
    Rovigo (Italy) - Calvisano (Italy)
    Baia Mare (Romania) - Enisey-STM (Russia)

2 May :
    Calvisano (Italy) - Rovigo (Italy)
    Enisey-STM (Russia) - Baia Mare (Romania)

Both winners on aggregate scores are qualified to 2015-2016 European Challenge Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

croket wrote: »
    European Challenge Cup Qualifying Competition results :

Pool A
    El Salvador 12-62 Calvisano

Table
    1- Calvisano (Italy) - 10 pts
    2- Viadana (Italy) - 5 pts
    3- El Salvador (Spain) - 0 pt

Pool B
    Enisey-STM 19-15 Mogliano

Table
    1- Enisey-STM (Russia) - 9 pts
    2- Mogliano (Italy) - 6 pts
    3- CDU Lisbon (Portugal) - 0 pt

Play off
    18 April :
    Rovigo (Italy) - Calvisano (Italy)
    Baia Mare (Romania) - Enisey-STM (Russia)

2 May :
    Calvisano (Italy) - Rovigo (Italy)
    Enisey-STM (Russia) - Baia Mare (Romania)

Both winners on aggregate scores are qualified to 2015-2016 European Challenge Cup

It would be interesting to see a Russian team qualify just for a change.

Refs announced for the RWC - no significant omissions really.

Clancy
    Lacey
    Poite
    Garces
    Gauzere
    Barnes
    Doyle
    Owens
    Joubert
    Peyper
    Jackson
    Pollock

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/65914

• Advertisement

Would've liked Pearce to get a run tbh. Though he's still v v young. Hopefully get some 6N experience next year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement