Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel - Bangkok

• 01-07-2014 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a decent hotel where I could stay in Bangkok for 2 nights?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

We were happy with Navalai River Hotel on Pra Arthit Street. Good area, near everything, but far enough away to not be in the midst of things for some peace and quiet and right beside a river bus stop, which is the best way to navigate the city. There are so many other options, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Depends what you want to do while you're there. If you want to see the historic sights then near the river is best. If you're into shopping and nightlife you're better off near the Skytrain (BTS) as it's the fastest way to get around the modern city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

It really depends on what you are looking for and what your budget is. I stayed in the Lebua a few years ago and it was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Windorah

I stayed in the Dang Derm (not sure of that spelling!) on the Koh San Road a few years back and it was really lovely.
    Iv recommended it to a few people and they all liked it too!
    Recently I stayed in one if the hotels nearer the airport and we found it too far out when we took the shocking Bangkok traffic into account!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Heatmachine1

The Ramada in sukhumvitt is really nice,great view and down a quiet street just off busy sukhumvitt soi 10.
    The anantara hotel is really nice also both arlund 60 euro a night and really central.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭Ed_Stephens

I've used the Bel Aire in Soi 5 Sukhumvit on a few occasions great location, lovely hotel 3 minute walk from Nana BTS and very reasonably priced. The touristy sites are more nearer the riverfront area but so long as you're near the BTS you're sorted.

Advertisement