Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toddler wont wear blue tracksuit

Options
  • 01-07-2014 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

My 3 yr old girl is due to start preschool in Sept and they wear a blue tracksuit. Dreading it already as she will not wear tracksuits or anything blue. Has anyone experienced this and how did you overcome it? She likes skirts and dresses. I have tried bribes. The other day I made her put a purple tracksuit on and she cried and cried, went into hysterics. And then just pulled it off. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I have never heard of a preschool with a uniform. It can't be mandatory surely?

I'm not keen on tracksuits unless you're doing sports so I can see where she's coming from! You've the whole summer to get her used to the idea. Failing that, a day or two of seeing everyone else in the tracksuit might change her mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cb7

I will ask is it compulsory. I was told the other day wear to buy them so I just presumed they are. Everyone seems to wear them.
    I have mentioned few times about the uniform and got "I don't like blue". "I don't want to wear it"
    I have forced clothes on her in the past and she got so hysterical started to puke so don't want to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I would leave it. Its two months to go. I'm sure the preschool thinks its handy for children to all wear the same thing or identify the school or something. But as I said, when she sees everyone else wearing it she might decide she must wear it too. I pick my battles, this is not one I'd pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

lazygal wrote: »
    I have never heard of a preschool with a uniform. It can't be mandatory surely?

I'm not keen on tracksuits unless you're doing sports so I can see where she's coming from! You've the whole summer to get her used to the idea. Failing that, a day or two of seeing everyone else in the tracksuit might change her mind.

I know of one near me that is connected to a boys school. I think the rational behind it is that it is getting the ready for primary school.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Who is in charge in your house?
    Our girl only wanted to wear the gym slip type dress to school, but when the time came, was excited to be going, and to belong to the "crowd"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

She must be a Kerry supporter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

The child is 3. She doesn't have a choice, You are the parent, you are the boss. The child will wear whatever the hell you tell her to. Tail wagging the dog in this situation

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 76 ✭✭Grandadsbear

Hi cb7...

My little girl is the very same and on the playschool open day ... she asked or should I say told the "teacher" that she didn't like jogging bottoms (which she doesn't and have never worn them) ... her reply was, that's o.k. you can wear leggings... so now she is a happy camper again, so maybe try leggins as a work around????

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

The child is 3. She doesn't have a choice, You are the parent, you are the boss. The child will wear whatever the hell you tell her to. Tail wagging the dog in this situation
    ditto to this. if you have a 3 year old dictating to you now, you're going to be in for a very nasty shock as she gets older as it will only get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Does she have any sensory issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

my guy hates trousers period, it's a struggle to get them on. also he is terrified of buttons. there are ways around it though but it takes time.

it's like persuading someone to dive of a platform, keep at it they will do it in the end.

Advertisement