Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxback claim

Options
  • 01-07-2014 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm just wondering is it true that if you are Irish (or any other nationality!) and working in the UK for a while, paying tax, and then you move away from the UK, can claim a lot of that tax back?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

My understanding is that it depends on how much of your tax credits you didnt use while working in the UK. So if you were only works three months you would have only taken advantage of one quarter of your tax credit and at the end of the year it will work out that you are owed the other three quarters.

Again I'm no expert so if I'm wrong hopefully someone will correct me. I'm planning to do the same next May.

Advertisement