Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wc off Kitchen

Options
  • 01-07-2014 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just asking this for my sister. They live in an oldish mid terrace in Crumlin area. When they bought, there was only a bathroom downstairs out the back of the kitchen with a washroom in between. They have since put a bathroom in upstairs and were thinking of knocking the old bathroom and wash room and changing it to a big L shaped kitchen, dinning, living space.

Anyway, shes wondering about laws etc regarding loos onto kitchens. If they were to put a loo in it would have to go under the stairs, which would open onto the dining area of the new room.

Can anyone tell me or point me in the direction of the rules for this kind of situation? there would be no window in the loo as its mid terrace. would an extractor fan be ok? is there a certain allowable distance or something?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its now legal to have toilets off kitchens again, was changed a few years ago. Fan has to come on with the light and stay on after its gone off as far as I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Phil_Lives

Acceptable in private dwellings. Unacceptable in buildings which the public would have access to.

Advertisement