Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interference from neighbours

Options
  • 01-07-2014 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Hi, I work in an office and for the past number of weeks have been having trouble with our WiFi.
    We have it traced back to interference from a neighbouring office. We have changed the channel numerous times on our router (TP Link) to a static channel ( 1, 5, 6, 11). When we change to a static channel the wifi works perfectly but when we come into the office the following day, we cannot connect to the wifi again. I download an app to my phone (meraki wifi stumbler) which shows me the nearest wifi spots. Every day after we change to a static channel that is different from the neighbours, but when we come into the office the following day, the neighbours now have the same channel as us.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Get the neighbours to take theirs off auto. I've seen this issue before, in fact my neighbours Eircom wifi router changes to whatever channel I change mine to. This happens as there is it only interferes while there is traffic, while the network is passing no traffic the channel will look clean and their router will automatically move to it.

Advertisement