Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere is Dublin to buy a gaming graphics card?

Options
  • 01-07-2014 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering is there any physical place in Dublin to buy a gaming graphics card? Something on the R9 290 level. How are the prices compaired to online?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,459 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

if places like Maplins manage to have something that new, you are going to pay through the nose for it.
    Anyone who buys gaming cards in Ireland know to buy online as they are cheaper and more readily available so the shops don't normally stock them because of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Do Komplett have a pick up option? Elara too, I think?

Maplins prices on the high end cards like that is ridiculous. You're not talking a few extra quid, literally possibly hundreds extra.

That said the best card I've seen in Maplins physically in-store is the GTX760, which is overpriced but to be expected (about 210 online, close to 300 in Maplin), PC World have a very poor selection in recent times, usually only have lowish end cards like GTX650 and similar in stock lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

there is a game/dvd shop the omni shopping centre in santry, they have second hand graphics cards and other electronics might have some new stuff also.

its not the gamestop outside, it's inside just by the fountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Do Komplett have a pick up option? Elara too, I think?

Maplins prices on the high end cards like that is ridiculous. You're not talking a few extra quid, literally possibly hundreds extra.

That said the best card I've seen in Maplins physically in-store is the GTX760, which is overpriced but to be expected (about 210 online, close to 300 in Maplin), PC World have a very poor selection in recent times, usually only have lowish end cards like GTX650 and similar in stock lately.

Komplett ie doesn't have a pick up option anymore. Just get it online OP. In most cases the after sales support would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Second hand.. www.adverts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

CEX in town have s decent range of graphics cards and other bits for sale - you should be able to check out on-line what they have in store.

Advertisement