Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATO account creation

Options
  • 01-07-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Looking to file a tax return for my year in Australia ,ive signed up for mygov and it doesn't allow me to link my ato account online,to be honest I don't know if I even have an account . How can I create a ATO account so I can continue on. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭sin_city

tonydude wrote: »
    Looking to file a tax return for my year in Australia ,ive signed up for mygov and it doesn't allow me to link my ato account online,to be honest I don't know if I even have an account . How can I create a ATO account so I can continue on. Thanks

It wasn't working for me last night.

I linked the account on Mygov..I called today and they said etax was having technical issues so I guess its a system glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

sin_city wrote: »
    It wasn't working for me last night.

I linked the account on Mygov..I called today and they said etax was having technical issues so I guess its a system glitch.

First day of a completely new (government) system, methinks I'll wait a few weeks until you guys do all the beta testing for us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭sin_city

jackbhoy wrote: »
    First day of a completely new (government) system, methinks I'll wait a few weeks until you guys do all the beta testing for us ;)

Worked ok for me last night...I lodged mine in less than 2 mins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

I got locked out when trying to do mine; it asked for my gross amount, I put in the figure on my payment summary, and it locked me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

sin_city wrote: »
    Worked ok for me last night...I lodged mine in less than 2 mins :)

Yes indeed, 10 mins for me yesterday. Was going to pay the accountant who done my tax return the last two years $165 and decided to look at it myself. Everything was pre-filled and having known the process from before it was very straight forward. I knew what I could claim so didn't miss out on anything. Saved $165 :)

I'm interested in seeing how accurate that estimate is that they give you and if ATO ask for my receipts in a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement

Just got my tax back. Exactly what was estimated on the website. Didnt have to provide any receipts for what I claimed.

Nice to wake up to that on a Saturday morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

irishmover wrote: »
    Didnt have to provide any receipts for what I claimed.

Worth remembering that the tax refund is self assessment the receipts are for auditing, they could still audit you later in the year.

Hang on to your receipts.

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Worth remembering that the tax refund is self assessment the receipts are for auditing, they could still audit you later in the year.

Hang on to your receipts.

Yeh I always scan my receipts and set aside a folder on my laptop. Cheers for the tip.

Advertisement