Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roy Keane: Whats this about lads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,951 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Still Ireland assistant. Doubly disappointed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

He's still doing the Ireland job too.

He was crazy to turn down the Celtic job IMO. It's extremely difficult to see him getting a better chance to rack up trophies, some Champions League experience and get his name back somewhat in the managerial limelight again, but I guess two assistant jobs and punditry = a bigger salary than Celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

godtabh wrote: »
    Why?

I think one job is enough for any man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Paully D wrote: »
    He's still doing the Ireland job too.

He was crazy to turn down the Celtic job IMO. It's extremely difficult to see him getting a better chance to rack up trophies, some Champions League experience and get his name back somewhat in the managerial limelight again, but I guess two assistant jobs and punditry = a bigger salary than Celtic.

I actually think he's been clever not taking the Celtic job.

No pressure as an AM, he'll learn a lot watching O'Neill and Lambert in terms of man-management and thus in two or three years take a management job much better prepared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

feel that any coaching and work he does with premership players will benifit him in his Ireland role. he will also be able to continue to travel and see a lot of the irish players playing so i think its a good move for Keane and Ireland.

aodea wrote: »
    feel that any coaching and work he does with premership players will benifit him in his Ireland role. he will also be able to continue to travel and see a lot of the irish players playing so i think its a good move for Keane and Ireland.

I think he would be able to travel far mor if he was just with Ireland. He will be where Villa are, rather than where the Irish players are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

IK09 wrote: »
    I think one job is enough for any man.

One is part time at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

think this is a good move for him - have said for a while that if he wants to be a proper manager, he would be clever to look for an AM job and learn the ropes, which he skipped when going straight to the Sunderland job. This gives him the opportunity to learn more about what is required and to tune his own style before going for the top job again.

Also, given how Villa did last season, RK could see this role as a stepping stone to the Villa job itself, maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

think this is a good move for him - have said for a while that if he wants to be a proper manager, he would be clever to look for an AM job and learn the ropes, which he skipped when going straight to the Sunderland job. This gives him the opportunity to learn more about what is required and to tune his own style before going for the top job again.

Also, given how Villa did last season, RK could see this role as a stepping stone to the Villa job itself, maybe.

A villa supporting buddy thought the same, Lambert and Villa will be under pressure this year, they werent great in the last few games of the season and Lerner isnt exactly forthcoming with the funds, who would be if you're looking to sell up I guess.

• Advertisement

godtabh wrote: »
    One is part time at best.

Divided concentration and attention though. IMO you want someone 100% focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Assistant manager of an international team has to be very little work. I don't have a problem with this.

Advertisement