Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childcare

Options
  • 01-07-2014 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hi.

Firstly mods; Not sure if asking for company specific recommendations is against the charter? - if so I assume people can PM me?

We will need to place our 11 month old son in childcare in the next couple of months when we both go back to work and I guess like most parents we are agonizing over the best choice...someone minding him in the home or maybe a creche. We are in Dublin 16 but would consider the surrounding area. Whilst cost is a factor we are more concerned about the level of care, staff to child ratios, reputation etc.

He has a milk and egg allergy but I assume most childcare set ups are used to dealing with common allergies.

Any recommendations would be gratefully received. We are actually very close to a creche called 'Parkside' (used to be Cocoon) on Ballyboden Road and wondered if anyone had experience of it?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Where do you work? Are you both going to do drop and collect? You have to factor the time getting from work to the crèche (and vice versa in the morning). In my case I picked a crèche near work as it gave me more flexibility. However, if you work in different locations you may prefer one close to home so that one can drop and another collect.

Advertisement