Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike stolen - Damastown/Blanchardstown

Options
  • 01-07-2014 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi guys,
    My bike was stolen today outside my workplace in Damastown, just past Blanchardstown. I bought it yesterday, it was a replacement after I got hit by a car 2 weeks ago which wrecked my previous bike. I'm really upset, as you can imagine. If anybody spots it around or sees it on adverts or donedeal could they please let me know. It's a brand new Giant Rapid 4.

I can't post pictures of URLS because I'm a relatively new user but if you google Giant Rapid 4 you will see it.

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

That's awful, I really hope it turns up for you. It'll never bring them luck, whoever took it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Moved from Dublin City to Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

what lock did u have on it ?
    was it an good U lock ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Ah thats a sickener alright.
    Do you have its serial number? I'm pretty local so illkeep an eye out.
    Are they all the same colour? Ive yet to Google.
    Cripes expensive enough bike. I just looked it up. What colour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Add it to the Stolen Bikes thread in the cycling forum. A few regulars live or work in the D15 area and would recognise the bike quicker than your average person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

I'm a keen cyclist and live and work in the area so will keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 skuldintape

Marcin_diy wrote: »
    what lock did u have on it ?
    was it an good U lock ?

I did, a kryptonite U lock. Completely cut through.
    I'd only bought the Bike the day before so hadn't jotted down the serial number yet. Kicking myself. It was a replacement for the bike that was done in when I was hit by a car two weeks ago! :(
    It was black and white with cages.on the pedals.

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Did you buy it from a shop?...perhaps it is printed on the receipt or they have a record of the serial number.

fletch wrote: »
    Did you buy it from a shop?...perhaps it is printed on the receipt or they have a record of the serial number.
    Unfortunately not, I rang them to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Do you have pics OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I'll be sure to apprehend anyone I see cycling a Giant Rapid 4.

Update:
    Not only was my bike stolen, but 2 others from the work car park. Guards know who did it from the vehicle but say they can't do anything as no faces were caught on CCTV. As I didn't jot down my frame number I'm pretty much powerless even if I see the bike on donedeal etc.

I guess the take home message here is:
    1) Always take down your frame number
    2) If a member of the travelling community from Coolock offers you a discount Giant Rapid 4, you'd be profiting from a crime.

Thanks for the support anyway guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Guards know who did it from the vehicle but say they can't do anything as no faces were caught on CCTV.
    I do not accept this. They can contact the registered owner and demand to know who was driving at the time. Hassle them.

daymobrew wrote: »
    I do not accept this. They can contact the registered owner and demand to know who was driving at the time. Hassle them.

Dublin 15 Gardai will do nothing against the traveling community. I have first hand experience of this.

Dublin 15 Gardai will do nothing against the traveling community. I have first hand experience of this.
    My experience to date has backed this up. When the gardai rang me I pressed the point several times and he just kept giving me examples of the excuses that those involved would give, before finally rounding off with 'and sure even if we got them then it'd be 3 or 4 court dates, wasting your money'. Thanks man. Guess you must be doing me a favor by not doing anything, huh?

Advertisement