Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

123.ie House Insurance

Options
  • 01-07-2014 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Does anyone know can 123 continue to charge me penalty fees despite the fact that I have cancelled my house insurance. Basically a payment was not made (due to bank error), I phoned 123 the next day to attempt to make a payment but they refused to take it and told me that I would have to wait until it was rejected by bank. Once it is rejected they charge Euro15 on top of whats due. So I cancelled the insurance and took out another policy elsewhere. Today they have told me that they are going to debit Euro57 from my bank in the next few days and I informed them again that the direct debit is now cancelled. They have told me that if I do not make a payment over the phone tomorrow that they will charge me a further Euro15. Is this even legal? Talk about milking people dry, its disgusting how they can do this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

canihave wrote: »
    Does anyone know can 123 continue to charge me penalty fees despite the fact that I have cancelled my house insurance. Basically a payment was not made (due to bank error), I phoned 123 the next day to attempt to make a payment but they refused to take it and told me that I would have to wait until it was rejected by bank. Once it is rejected they charge Euro15 on top of whats due. So I cancelled the insurance and took out another policy elsewhere. Today they have told me that they are going to debit Euro57 from my bank in the next few days and I informed them again that the direct debit is now cancelled. They have told me that if I do not make a payment over the phone tomorrow that they will charge me a further Euro15. Is this even legal? Talk about milking people dry, its disgusting how they can do this.

I dont see the bit where you paid them what you owed them, before cancelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭canihave

I asked on numerous times on the day I cancelled to have the amount due. They wouldn't be able to give me that until it defaulted and added Euro15 and a Euro 25 cancellation charge. They would not accept my payment at all over the phone. So now they emailed yesterday so say the outstanding amount is EUro 57 (including Euro15 charge) and if I don't pay by today there will be another charge of Euro15. THe Euro57 is inclusive of my Euro25 deposit. I have no problem paying what I owe, I have a problem with Euro 15 being added on whenever they feel like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

its obviously a 15 quid default fee. did you read their terms of business before you took out the cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭canihave

Yes I did read them. I understand there is a Euro15 default fee, I attempted to pay this on the day it was due and they would not accept it. They advised me that they could not accept payments over the phone. I offered to pay in full on the same day to cancel the policy, again they would/could not accept it. So now they have produced an amount (inclusive of the Euro15 default fee) and want it paid today or another Euro15 is loaded on. They have not provided me with any breakdown of how they got to this amount.

Advertisement