Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Golf

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭RexHamilton

Can't find a thread on the Arccos system, so I assume it's been discussed in here at some stage too.

Anyone using it?

I know it's pricier, but from the reviews online it looks a much slicker system.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,531 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Also, I noticed on the box it states average improvement over 30 rounds is a reduction of 2.7 shots........is this realistic? Obviously i am sure it depends if you are a regular golfer or not

The reality is, you could gain from it, assuming that you get a decent amount of data in to it, and actually make use of that data.

It won't change your scoring, unless you put the effort in & change your game off the back of the output from it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You should gain from it as your distances will be much better known to you, it's also great for approach shots as it shows percentage withing a reasonable pin target area and then your performance within the area, left, right, short and long, I was amazed how very few I hit long versus short.
    GameGolf will do nothing for your putts

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

I got one of these recently and have noticed that my typical shot is a lot shorter than i believed e.g. a well hit 5 iron will go approx. 185 yards but my typical shot would be more like 170 yards.

Not good for the ego but the stats don't lie and i should be aiming to go with my typical distances rather than my maximum distances as i will get better results.

On the plus side i am better than i thought i was from 100 yards in (but when i do miss it is nearly always short and right). :)

Don't find it great for putting other than tracking how many putts are taken TBH

I got one of these recently and have noticed that my typical shot is a lot shorter than i believed e.g. a well hit 5 iron will go approx. 185 yards but my typical shot would be more like 170 yards.

Not good for the ego but the stats don't lie and i should be aiming to go with my typical distances rather than my maximum distances as i will get better results.

On the plus side i am better than i thought i was from 100 yards in (but when i do miss it is nearly always short and right). :)

Don't find it great for putting other than tracking how many putts are taken TBH

I think for the putting, you need to be a bit anal. I carry a 2nd card with me when playing comps. I track my score as well as noting flag position on the green (BL for back left, FC for front centre, etc...) to let me get more accurate putting info

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I sent back my Game Golf, as it didn't sync up with my watch, and i prefer having that as my distance marker. Replaced it with Shot Scope v2, and i find it much better. Range finder, and tracks my shots without having to worry about tagging them in (which i always forget). Still forget to do the pin collect sometimes, but it's cool to see some stats on your game.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

I think for the putting, you need to be a bit anal. I carry a 2nd card with me when playing comps. I track my score as well as noting flag position on the green (BL for back left, FC for front centre, etc...) to let me get more accurate putting info

Yeah I edit all the pin positions afterwards too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

haven't used my game golf in a while but played a few rounds recently with it
    tried to sync it there with my mac book but it tells me that it needs to be updated to work with my version of mac os, but there is no update.
    anyone else have a similar issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Not been working for ages...more or less dumped mine

Having no issues with mine. Syncd up grand for my Gowran round.

Using a PC rather than Mac though

• Advertisement

I am PC too...mine stopped working and even though I told them I am PC they pointed my to MAC issue

But i could do it via ioS

Btw whf with DJ

Another whiskey it is

Dragging this back from the depths. I didn't log any 2021 rounds on here. On the App, I can still see my historical data. I was trying to log a round last weekend, as I want to get this back up and running as have some Premium courses to play this year that I'd like to get logged on my record.

When I try to log on to the website, which is necessary for uploading the round data, I've found that its not recognising my username or email address as on their database.

Anyone still using this that has been having any issues with it?

I’ve not used mine since they stopped supporting Mac. book and won’t allow me to upload any rounds which was a pretty sh1tty thing for them to do.

Got a reply from their support. Currently working on the while platform for some sort of relaunch (think they were bought out last year)

Having trouble with connection for Transfers as well as password resets.

One thing I didn't really like about the reply,they said something to this effect...the classic gamegolf device is 9 years old at this stage and won't be supported for much longer due to tech limitations.

That's not great in my book

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

I got an email from them last week saying that they got acquired by Inpixon 

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

Yes it is official. Listed company so maybe a bit more focus from GameGolf going forward.

Anyone else having issues logging into their GameGolf account or uploading rounds, nothing happening for me

I gave up on it Slave, especially after the reply from support saying that "I was using a very old version and they weren't really planning on support due to their product relaunch"

I'd say to contact their support team as they may be able to fix the log on by updating their database again with your old details

I also gave up when they stopped supporting mac

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

What's the alternative to gamegolf now which would give same level of shot tracking & stats?

• Advertisement

Think the 2 most popular now would be Shotscope and Arccos

Some movement in the original GameGolf as you can now log onto IOS but the rounds stop at 2019, sounds like they are rebuilding the website/servers

Anyone use the Garmin tags? Would that be very similar? Crazy price though.

Yes I do

They are great and easy to use

But garmin analysis capabilities are SHITE

Garmin devices are brilliant

but I agree, they are piss poor after that. I never seen them make any upgrades/changes/ development to the web/analysis in over 10 years of using them.

GameGolf back up and running now via Windows PC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I have 6 Tags on my clubs.

The watch itself is brilliant and i wouldnt change anything with that. The data from the tags is poor though compared to Arccos and Shotscope.

I'll be using it for 2 years now come the summer and there has been no update to the App in terms of what Data it gives you. The Putting stats are way off, unless you remember to move the flag on the watch for each hole. If they had a feature like shotscope where you log where the flag is it would be much better,

I have started using Golf Metrics and just recording distance to pin on a second scorecared before each shot. gives great insight especially on the putting. I just pace the putt out when im looking at it from behind the hole for the distance from the Pin.

Takes about 5-10 minutes to input after the round with a cup of coffee.

Advertisement