Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naughtons - Kilkee

• 01-07-2014 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I know this is a Limerick thread but seeing as most people that eat there are from Limerick I would like to share my thoughts on it and see what others think, my simple thoughts are, nice restaurant, great food, a little pricey and a grumpy owner who could do with a training in "general front of house manners"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

I know this is a Limerick thread but seeing as most people that eat there are from Limerick I would like to share my thoughts on it and see what others think, my simple thoughts are, nice restaurant, great food, a little pricey and a grumpy owner who could do with a training in "general front of house manners"

Was back in Ireland last Summer and spent a few days in Kilkee.

Ate in Naughton's for the first time since their opening week, however long ago that was, and I think your summary is spot on.

Food is brilliant, probably the best bar food around the area. Miles better than The Long Dock in Carrigaholt. (I'm leaving out the Doonbeg places as I haven't been there in years)

It is a little bit more expensive than others but it is worth it.

When we were there we had a really nice waitress, but also had the owners deal with us too. The female owner was very rude. Pretty much dropped orders onto the table and was gone again without even acknowledging our presence.

The male owner (assume they are husband and wife) wasn't much better when we went to pay. Bill for 2 of us was over 100 Euro. Didn't even ask so much as did we enjoy it/was everything okay. He rang up the total, gave a price, took my money, left the change on the counter and walked away.

Worst part is watching the owners when they served people they knew. Couldn't have been nicer to them.

Overall, if you want brilliant food, nice waitstaff and don't mind rude owners then I'd recommend it without a second taught.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

haven't eaten there in years - spot on about the owner, a one time mayor of Kilkee.

You'd think someone from Kilkee in the hospitality business would know something about customer service but it seems completely lost of her. Most people who go to Kilkee every weekend don't go near the place but its still rammed each weekend

If your in that neck of the woods go to Morrisseys in Doonbeg ten minutes away , food is as good, plenty of space and far better service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Always found the owners to be ignorant - unless you're in their inner circle. Nice grub though - particularly Cod and Chip at €13 ! Pity about the attitude, it's made me avoid Naughtons if I have friends with me in Kilkee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

People in the inner circle call it "Elaine's", so if you want the good service go with someone who calls it that! :rolleyes:

I too have found the service poor... :(

The gold handbag brigade .....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

alickadoos?

The nama gang ?

when were in Kilkee we eat there there expensive but the food is terrific

Advertisement