Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW 8/12 Zone/Part Set options

Options
  • 01-07-2014 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Is there any way to configure a zone to have a dual personality depending on how the system is armed?

e.g. On full set to have it behave as an alarm zone but on part set to trigger the buzzer instead? I want to avoid the Sunday morning accidental trigger when I open a window!

Thanks,
    nb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

n0brain3r wrote: »
    Hi all,

Is there any way to configure a zone to have a dual personality depending on how the system is armed?

e.g. On full set to have it behave as an alarm zone but on part set to trigger the buzzer instead? I want to avoid the Sunday morning accidental trigger when I open a window!

Thanks,
    nb

You mean so that the alarm can differentiate between you and an intruder?

Is this a ground floor window or upstairs window?
    The only thing you can do is part guard the particular zone, has it been programmed accordingly?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

No only that on part set that opening the window triggers the buzzer not an instant alarm.

The zone is an alarm zone and is armed during a part set. I was wondering if armed in part set could have it act similar to an entry/exit where a gross would still trigger the full alarm but opening would not trigger the alarm only the buzzer on count down?

So when the system is fully armed its an alarm zone and when part set and behave as an entry/exit?

Are you familiar with the engineer functions on the panel? Do you have engineer access to the system.

There is a way of doing it, but basically it will mean that each time you go to leave the house and fully arm your system you will have to check to see if the window is open.

As the system is been changed from the condition it was set up as, then it is important that this is recorded and carried out by an installer. I would be concerned about the implications of your home insurance policy if you go interfering with the system.

Yeah I have the engineer code I was was hoping I could avoid just changing the zone type and have the zone treated differently when the system is part set. Is that what you're suggesting to change the zone type?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi all,

Thanks,
    nb

If you want the opening to behave like that you may need to rewire the sensors if they are on the same zone, e.g. have one zone for the contacts and another for the shock part of the sensor.
    Then configure the zone with the contacts as access to E/E.
    What this will do is when you open the window the zone will go into entry/exit thus giving the beeps for entry/exit.
    When the system is set for full alarm it will go into alarm if the window is open.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    When the system is set for full alarm it will go into alarm if the window is open.

So if the window is left open and I attempt to put the system into full set it will alarm instantly?

So if the window is left open and I attempt to put the system into full set it will alarm instantly?

No, as it is set up as access to E/E. It will activate the alarm after the delay has run down.

Ah ok I want to avoid that. I was hoping a part set could switch the zone between alarm and ee.

Ah ok I want to avoid that. I was hoping a part set could switch the zone between alarm and ee.

Your system should give a visual display of zones open before arming to avoid this.

In part guard if the window is left open the keypad will not arm the system and will show the window as an open zone.

In full set and as the zone is set to an Entry/ Exit type zone then if the window is left open the keypad will buzz as normal but after the exit time is up it will activate the internal siren as a detector on a Entry/ Exit type zone has been left open.

Hence my earlier reference to you having to check the window every time you fully arm the system.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. Another question on Part Set. I've disabled the voice "System Arming" and "System Unset" so if I part set and a window is open it will not arm and I get no audio cue. Is it possible to have the keypad beep when this occurs or would I have to enable the system prompts again?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Just put some tape over the speaker.
    You could set part guard A exit time to "yes".
    Set part guard A exit buzzer to " No"

When you enter 0#7 for night if all zones are closed the keypad will display "system arming" and you'll hear a "Beeeeeeeep " and after the exit time elapses you'll hear another "Beeeeeep"

Ok if anyone is interested I got a solution to my original question by enabling Alarm to EE on the part set options and enabling the access option on the zones in question now on part set if a window is opened it starts the timer rather that alarming instantly.

Anyone know if I can specify a different exit times for part set? I don't see an option anywhere.

Ok if anyone is interested I got a solution to my original question by enabling Alarm to EE on the part set options and enabling the access option on the zones in question now on part set if a window is opened it starts the timer rather that alarming instantly.

Anyone know if I can specify a different exit times for part set? I don't see an option anywhere.

No, this cant be done for partsets. These timers correspond to the entry/exit timer of the setting of the system, normally 30 seconds. The only thing you can do is lower or higher them to change this time.

Advertisement