Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

made my mind up, going back!

Options
  • 01-07-2014 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

been home since xmas and just cant settle, really missing australia. visa situation is a bit tricky however as ive used my whv. i do qualify for skilled visa but cant afford that as i save to get back out. ive been thinking of landing out on a holiday visa and trying to sort it out while there?what you guys think? too risky? cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Think its a stupid idea....whatever you do sort it out before going out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Too risky to be honest.
    IMMI have been tightening up all over the shop over the last few years, if they brand you as a chancer, you are risking any chance of being allowed to stay at all. Get your ducks in a row before you go, even if it delays you by a few months. You'll have nobody else to blame if you fcuk it up.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

A lot of holiday visas can be granted but at time of entrance could be issued with a 8503 condition which is no further stay, even if you wanted to sort out a visa onshore you wouldn't have the option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

If you can't settle then head somewhere your skill can earn you the cash you need for the skills visa, any demand for your skill in the UK?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Go to the states or Canada you will have no problem there and they will respect you, legally or illegally you will always get work and they wont be on your back unlike Aus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Go to the states or Canada you will have no problem there and they will respect you, legally or illegally you will always get work and they wont be on your back unlike Aus.

LOL...

How dare they do their jobs.

OP, I would not try cheating the system, you might end up shooting yourself in the foot.

A bit like that bloke who tried cheating the system by doing his bush work in a service station, sitting back drinking his cans of Guinness thinking everyone else was a Fool while he was being Über Cool, he ended up being a Tool (a big one at that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Dude we missed you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

have you used your NZ whv?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ben10afc

lg123 wrote: »
    have you used your NZ whv?

Not yet! I have thought about it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

give NZ a go and save the $3-4k for the PR visa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Won't returning to Australia on a holiday visa so soon after completing the WHV ring alarm bells with immigration or is that kind of thing only reserved for the tv shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

ben10afc wrote: »
    been home since xmas and just cant settle, really missing australia. visa situation is a bit tricky however as ive used my whv. i do qualify for skilled visa but cant afford that as i save to get back out. ive been thinking of landing out on a holiday visa and trying to sort it out while there?what you guys think? too risky? cheers

please don't chance it/take the risk because :
    ben10afc wrote: »
    been home since xmas and just cant settle, really missing australia.

it'll be very hard waiting

- but imagine being told "miss it ? you can never see it again "

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ben10afc

Won't returning to Australia on a holiday visa so soon after completing the WHV ring alarm bells with immigration or is that kind of thing only reserved for the tv shows?

The 3 guys I came home with in December have since went back on holiday visas

Advertisement