Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car crash...help

Options
  • 01-07-2014 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey looking for some advice....I borrowed my Dad's car which is a taxi as mine was been fixed. My neighbour crashed into the side of my Dad's car while I was driving it, she was at fault and has taken full responsibility.

What is the process, my neighbour is going through her insurance, would her insurance company be contacting either mine or my Dad's insurance company

I am insured to drive other cars but someone mentioned to me I wouldn't be insured to drive my dad's car as it is a taxi.

Could her insurance company not fix the car if my insurance doesn't cover me to be driving my Dad's car?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Your driving of other cars extension should still be valid as long as you were not using the vehicle as a taxi. If the other person is in the wrong, your Dad needs to contact their insurer to have it repaired. Dont forget to include loss of earnings and car hire for him. You should notify your insurer in case a counter claim is lodged

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EmmaB06

oldyouth wrote: »
    Your driving of other cars extension should still be valid as long as you were not using the vehicle as a taxi. If the other person is in the wrong, your Dad needs to contact their insurer to have it repaired. Dont forget to include loss of earnings and car hire for him. You should notify your insurer in case a counter claim is lodged

No the roof sign was in the boot. Both me and my Dad have fully comp insurance so I was thinking all would be ok because she is accepting full responsibility.

I will call my insurance company

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Wexy86

EmmaB06 wrote: »
    Could her insurance company not fix the car if my insurance doesn't cover me to be driving my Dad's car?

Should be no issue as this a civil matter, even if there was no insurance that would be a criminal matter and unless you were being prosecuted it shouldn't have any bearing on this incident. If liability is not an issue I can't foresee any issues, be best to contact your neighbours insurer directly to speed things along.

Advertisement