Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Underwear for a bodycon dress

• 01-07-2014 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Having a big birthday in two weeks and after losing 2.5 stone want to show off my new figure. I have never worn a body con dress for obvious reasons and even in the fitting room today was trying to get the fitting room attendant to make sure it wasn't making me fat (I am a typical pear shape which will never change) Anyway I bit the bullet and bought it, only concerns is the little bulgy tummy, bum and thighs. Worried about spanx or too tight underwear nightmare towards end of the night if drinking loads, would like to get tights just for the support. Wondering if there is good support underwear I can get that is not too heavy, restricting or mad expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Shaping underwear comes in different "strengths" - maybe go for a light control to allow for some expansion but still hold in the wobbley bits! Firm control won't let anything move, but you wouldn't want to eat a very large meal or go for a feed of pints while wearing something like that. M&S is my go to for shape wear, but Dunnes also have a good selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

If you're in Dublin, go to House of Fraser in Dundrum or Debenhams on Henry St and try on a few different brands, also try M&S and Dunnes. IMO Spanx aren't worth the money, not least because you have to take them off to pee (some other brands have, er, access built in!). But you need to try a few brands on as it depends on you, your shape and how comfortable you feel in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I have a slight bit of a surgical hernia but still wear a lot of bodycon dresses - i use small cycling shorts type pants as they give me the confidence I need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭jennyjoy

I live by my victoria secret seamless panties...I got them a few years ago but I'm sure they still make similar pieces. I opted to buy the boy shorts rather than a thong and it has never failed me. I got it in black and I know I should buy a few others in nude and a grey. I don't have to wear them regularly so they definitely last forever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Congratulations on the weight loss and well done!! I find M&S underwear to be pretty expensive to be honest, unless it's a piece you'll wear again and again I suppose. If you're in Dublin, the Dunnes in Stephen's Green shopping centre has a multitude of seamless underwear options, from thongs to regular pants to cycling shorts style items. You should find something in there that works... just don't go for anything *too* high strength or you'll end up very uncomfortable and bear in mind any seams on the dress when you're choosing, e.g. if it has a high waistline detail don't go for underwear that will cut off mid-tummy and create a bump where you don't want one.

The other option I recently had to do with bodycon was go underwear-less! It was a tight midi skirt so there were no "flashing" concerns, but if you want something to actively hold you in then Dunnes should provide good and inexpensive options.

Oh and for that kind of underwear you might want to go a size up so that it doesn't cut into you and create lumps, that's what I usually do. Obviously they need to fit snugly, but too snug and they'll create more problems than solutions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement