Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumber Tiler Recommendations Dublin 15

Options
  • 01-07-2014 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi

Can anyone recommend a plumber to take out existing en-suite and bathroom and replace all sanitary ware and a Tiler to re-tile. Also need to service gas boiler and balance rads etc.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. PM or post here

Thanks

Namer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

PM Sent.

But be prepared to have to chase people to do quote/work(in my experience),this isnt a reflection on their work though.

Rang one fella three times,eventually came out to price it,a month later never got said price or heard from him again
    Another one it took five days/visits to eventually price a job,but soon after started it

Don't be afraid to text or ring them to chase them up as they are either forgetful or think its still the Celtic tiger years and jobs are still a plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MessyJessy

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

Guys, would appreciate a pm with the same info, I plan to embark on a similar exercise soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭baegan

same plan here, so any info appreciated

Just for some people that I and probably others who recommended Mark of Haven Enterprise

http://www.herald.ie/news/dadoffive-killed-in-motorbike-accident-30420347.html

Very sad to think we where only talking to him two weeks ago getting the work done with him.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

Namer wrote: »
    Hi

Can anyone recommend a plumber to take out existing en-suite and bathroom and replace all sanitary ware and a Tiler to re-tile. Also need to service gas boiler and balance rads etc.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. PM or post here

Thanks

Namer

Did you get anyone yet ? I have a similar job and have had a guy look at it and am waiting for the quote back. He came recommended but wouldn't mind a second opinion from someone else

exador wrote: »
    Did you get anyone yet ? I have a similar job and have had a guy look at it and am waiting for the quote back. He came recommended but wouldn't mind a second opinion from someone else

Did I recommend Peter to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

jeffk wrote: »
    Did I recommend Peter to you?

no.

I didn't ask for any contact names but just read this Today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Just for some people that I and probably others who recommended Mark of Haven Enterprise

http://www.herald.ie/news/dadoffive-killed-in-motorbike-accident-30420347.html

Very sad to think we where only talking to him two weeks ago getting the work done with him.

RIP

Terrible news, very sad to hear,

My thoughts are with his family.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Namer

Hi All

Thanks for all the PMs and recommendations. I Have a plumber on board, so that's sorted. Any Idea on Tiling prices per square yard/meter. Any Tiler recommendations would also be welcome.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 irishgatsu

hi,
    same here, i need somebody urgently.

unfortunately i can only contribute with a couple of names to avoid.
    cheers!

Peter Cramer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I've never gone wrong with David Galligan.

Stay away from Blanchardstown Gas. Overpriced, downright rude, and only work weekends to get double rate.

amtc wrote: »
    I've never gone wrong with David Galligan.

Stay away from Blanchardstown Gas. Overpriced, downright rude, and only work weekends to get double rate.

Blanchardstown Gas put our oil heating in originally,would not recommend him at all. Hes going years and drives a jeep that stands out so people assume hes good and remember him

We had issues with a rat chewing a wire,it connected the boiler to the house and was out in the open,his solution was to use insulating wire.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Folks, we're all for people giving honest opinions about tradesmen they've used, but please keep the language to descriptions that won't get the site in trouble. Thanks.

Can someone PM me some names of plumbers please,need two radiators fitted and want to see what prices I get

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭wandererz

I would recommend David Galligan and company in Dublin 15 as well.
    Just had some major works done to my apartment and they were brilliant.

They did plumbing, electrical, walls and plastering.

Other plumbers came in, had a look, promised stuff and then simply disappeared.
    These guys came up with ideas to minimise disruption and major changes.

For example, other plumbers would have cut huge bits out of the ceiling to run pipes, which would have had to be replaced. They simply rerouted stuff through some plasterboard walls which was easy enough and more efficient.

They moved my hot/cold water tank & thermostat to another location, removed some walls and closets, put in new walls, put in new lighting and removed storage heaters etc.

This was a major amount of work to us. And it was so much better than getting in individual contractors.

I will be getting them in to do additional tiling and plumbing work later.
    We moved out for a few days and moved back in to a new place.

A few small items for the snag list but otherwise well pleased.

They know what to do and they do it well.

As with anyone though, ensure that you convey to them EXACTLY what you want. In my case, i had drawings, stuff marked out etc. which made things easier.

Note: this is a POSITIVE review of a company.

Boards.ie removes any negative feedback at the request of the company involved. This has happened to entire threads I've posted on this forum previously with Zero notification.
    So don't simply look at all the positive feedback of ANY company and think that's A OK.
    Boards could have simply removed the negative threads to avoid LITIGATION.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

wandererz, cut out the rubbish about stuff being deleted at the end of your posts please. I've had a look back at what was deleted, and it wasn't just your post, but the whole thread that was deleted. The thread was deleted by someone in the office due to an outstanding legal issue, so clearly there was a valid reason to delete the thread. Just because the reason is not known to you doesn't mean that there's some sort of conspiracy going on.

We have got to a new problem, not the quality of work, it’s the getting a price or getting them to start.

We are a week trying to get someone to price rads after he done a great job on a new boiler system. His loss now as we are going to price the job with the two names we were recommended as he doesn’t seem to want the work.

I sent a text to both plumbers recommend to no reply

I decided text or call doesn't make much difference and they can easily (or so I thought) text me back a price in their time

all I need is two new radiator's fitted

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    wandererz, cut out the rubbish about stuff being deleted at the end of your posts please. I've had a look back at what was deleted, and it wasn't just your post, but the whole thread that was deleted. The thread was deleted by someone in the office due to an outstanding legal issue, so clearly there was a valid reason to delete the thread. Just because the reason is not known to you doesn't mean that there's some sort of conspiracy going on.

Yes, i understand. Although when an entire thread is deleted with no mention to the people who have posted, it does seem strange. Perhaps a quick update mechanism saying that this is what happened may be in order.
    Otherwise, people simply don't understand why or when or how.

Also, the time & effort put in by those people who are not involved in that particular legal case are suddenly negated.

We have got to a new problem, not the quality of work, it’s the getting a price or getting them to start.

We are a week trying to get someone to price rads after he done a great job on a new boiler system. His loss now as we are going to price the job with the two names we were recommended as he doesn’t seem to want the work.

We had the same problem. It seems that these guys in general just have too much business.

We decided to go with the above crowd because they could do more than just the plumbing alone. They probably are more expensive (perhaps just slightly more) than individual contractors on their own.

But they could and did do it all. I did not have to deal with multiple contractors.

I simply explained what i wanted, showed them a few pictures and it was done.

I know this sounds too good to be true.
    Yes, there is a small snag list.

But they delivered. I'm all for weeding out the bad ones, but when someone deserves a good response, i give it.

Others provided prices (or not), promised the sun moon & earth and never resurfaced etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

I sent a text to both plumbers recommend to no reply

I decided text or call doesn't make much difference and they can easily (or so I thought) text me back a price in their time

all I need is two new radiator's fitted

Did you end up getting your work done, and if so, would you recommend? I've got a bit of a list to get through and having no recommendations am wary I'm going to get screwed

on_my_oe wrote: »
    Did you end up getting your work done, and if so, would you recommend? I've got a bit of a list to get through and having no recommendations am wary I'm going to get screwed

I rang David Galligan for a price, granted over the phone etc it’s hard to give a proper quote, but he worked out dearer than the one I used before (peter cramer).

Six weeks after Peter Cramer finished installing a new boiler etc I gave up chasing him to price and eventually do the work(heard he’s got site work now, so likely means doesn’t want “small” jobs)which was a shame as he’s a great worker.

I got a handy man we used before to fit the radiators, he’s not back working fully so I couldn’t even pm you his details unfortunately

So sadly I can’t help you, but all I can say is be prepared to chase people to get a price or work done.
    It seems the Celtic tiger years have returned and if your job is deemed too small, then move on as there are plenty of tradespeople out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Oh dear!

I've got the option of using guys a friend of mine knows; downside they don't speak English but she knows them from the homeland and can vouch for their qualifications.
    Looks like I might be brushing up on my foreign languages

Thanks for the reply though, appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Highly recommend -> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ace-Heating-Plumbing-RGI/219128971610041?ref=ts&fref=ts

+353 86 844 6268

A friend had a boiler replaced for €200 cheaper than another person this week.

on_my_oe wrote: »
    Oh dear!

I've got the option of using guys a friend of mine knows; downside they don't speak English but she knows them from the homeland and can vouch for their qualifications.
    Looks like I might be brushing up on my foreign languages

Thanks for the reply though, appreciated

If the price and work is right then language would not bother me,hopefully you get sorted with them.

Highly recommend -> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ace-Heating-Plumbing-RGI/219128971610041?ref=ts&fref=ts

+353 86 844 6268

A friend had a boiler replaced for €200 cheaper than another person this week.

Where was this recommendation weeks ago :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Where was this recommendation weeks ago :p

You know my Jeff, I never post here in summer time ;)

• Advertisement

wandererz wrote: »
    We had the same problem. It seems that these guys in general just have too much business.

We decided to go with the above crowd because they could do more than just the plumbing alone. They probably are more expensive (perhaps just slightly more) than individual contractors on their own.

But they could and did do it all. I did not have to deal with multiple contractors.

I simply explained what i wanted, showed them a few pictures and it was done.

I know this sounds too good to be true.
    Yes, there is a small snag list.

But they delivered. I'm all for weeding out the bad ones, but when someone deserves a good response, i give it.

Others provided prices (or not), promised the sun moon & earth and never resurfaced etc.

Following on from my recommendation above for David Galligan & Co above, i am going to retract that.

I've used them for works first costing close to €5000.
    i was then presented with a much higher bill which was not agreed upon initially (close to €7000).

I then settled on that bill and then got them to do further works.

Lo and behold they yet again ended up with a final bill of +- 30% more.

NOT pleased at all.

By all means consider someone else.

And apologies if i misled you with my short-lived recommendations.

Advertisement