Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Pay As You Go Meter

Options
  • 01-07-2014 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I am currently in arrears with you & would like to know how easy it would be for me to get a pay as you go meter? Would I have to reduce the arrears a bit before being considered for a meter ie what criteria do I need to meet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi jo1978,

Thank you for your post. There would be several criteria that would need to be met before a PAYG meter could be requested, for example the type of meter in the property, where the meter is located and the type of property in question (apartment etc.). If you are not the home owner, then you will need to check with your landlord whether they agree to have a PAYG meter installed.

If you PM us with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number, we'll look into this for you and see if you are eligible. Please also confirm if you are the account holder.

If it's a case that you're not eligible, then we'll be happy to discuss a payment plan or other options with you.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement