Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tourism Management

Options
  • 01-07-2014 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Anyone done this Masters programme?

I'm about to go into my final undergrad year so I was looking at what to do the year after (2015/16) and this course interested me.

Would love to hear experiences of the course content, assessment, and/ or any alumni stories.

Sincerely,
    Michael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

Yeah I really like this postgrad too. I studied arts in Trinity (graduated last year) and would like to study Tourism to compliment it. I went to the DIT open day at the School of Tourism last April and was quite impressed by the Department. There wasn't much info on the postgrad, as it was mostly focused on the undergrad. But I was impressed by the way that the School of Tourism had links with Industry (Aer Lingus, The Doyle Collection) and how they regulate their courses by getting in Industry experts to advise them on what the Industry demands and requires. That way, they can tailor their course. Much more fun than my dull rigid university undergrad. DIT sounds like a better fit for me.

I'm actually moving to France for a year but I've thought about coming back next year to do the postgrad. Might see you then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Brilliant, you never know.

Spending a year in France may help you because you're getting an idea of another place, the people, places, the arts, how to get around, the finances required in its current economic state, a lot of the information you could pass on to future tourists.

I went to college in Canada last year, so I'm hoping having an international degree and that experience will stand to me.

I'm studying Sociology, so, like yourself my course compliments certain aspects and I can build on the knowledge I've already gained in those related areas.

Always good to hear a department has links with the big names, but having guest speakers inform students is a big plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

karaokeman wrote: »
    Brilliant, you never know.

Spending a year in France may help you because you're getting an idea of another place, the people, places, the arts, how to get around, the finances required in its current economic state, a lot of the information you could pass on to future tourists.

I went to college in Canada last year, so I'm hoping having an international degree and that experience will stand to me.

I'm studying Sociology, so, like yourself my course compliments certain aspects and I can build on the knowledge I've already gained in those related areas.

Always good to hear a department has links with the big names, but having guest speakers inform students is a big plus.

Yeah I did French and Spanish in my undergrad so going to France is more of a personal dream rather than part of a career plan.

Tbh, I'm thinking more about doing this postgrad as I really do need to add something to my undergrad as it really does not make me very employable. I have spent the past year since graduation in 2013, looking for work only to get short stints in Retail. :( Like I'd find the area of Tourism interesting, but it would be to help me get into the Tourism sector. But I still want to do some "soul searching" and try language teaching in France before I commit. :)

Advertisement