Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Calgary - Need some irish folk to give me advice !!!

Options
  • 02-07-2014 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey Guys !!
    Myself and hubby are arriving to Calgary mid July,

MY husband is looking for work as an electrical automation engineer ... we feel completely lost at the mo in regards to living areas and work etc,

Need advice on practically everything as feeling abit anxious at the mo about the move ....
    thanks a million for advice xx

Also hoping to make new friends along the way :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Jopin the Irish in Calgary facebook page
    lots of helpful people in Calgary on there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

I have some people who are always looking for anything trades wise from ireland, pay is very good too. But it is out in Sasachewan (spelling) .

Not sure if that floats your boat, ive been in calgary for almost four years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Adventurous Annie

Thanks for reply , but going to try to give Calgary the best shot so trying to stay in Calgary !! .. How do you find Calgary ?! ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

I love it here, Winters are horrible with -30 to -40 on Occasion but you are rarely out in it.

Lots to do here and get involved in Ice hockey ect. No better city in the worl if your an outdoors person and love to ski.

Advertisement