Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

was i treated unfair

• 02-07-2014 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Guys
    I have worked in a bar in my local village for the past four years which also has a shop on the side my duties were to serve in the shop and Bar stock up i would arrive in work for eight o clock and would be there till close. after last orders i would clean up and some time i would not get out untill three to four in the morning depending on the night.
    Seven weeks ago my hours were cut where i was only now working from eight oclock to eleven was never told face to face about this change but in the stock room an a4 sheet was put up were it said we would be let go early but if it was busy we would be expected to stay on.
    for the past seven weeks i turned up at 8 and at 11 i was let go on till last saturday night i arrived to work on time as i claim on time as the new was coming on as i was going in through the door(i have since been told i was 15 min late)... There was a few more that usually in the pub... and at when the boss returned i went for my bag and keys and she told me i was going no where... ( I had promised my sister a lift to airport so was under pressure for time} so i went to where was to be .
    How can it be right that when one person turns up for work that are not to know when they are finished ... is this fair how my boss {ex as of to night as they let me go.. } tells me this is how the world rolls. and i was just full of shxt to expect any thing ells in this day and age and i have no right
    I also never got my p 60 at the begging of the year

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forum Requests

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

Sounds like constructive dismissal. Might be one for Nera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭blindsider

Citizen's Info 1st up I'd say.

I'd find out what you're entitled to - rights, etc before lodging any complaint formally.

Dig out your contract - you'll need it. You are legally entitled to a statement of terms of employment.

Unilaterally changing hours is a no-no.

Constructive dismissal usually involves the employee quitting in protest. This MAY be unfair dismissal.

CI first up, and then a solicitor.....BOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 needachat

I never had a written contract with them that is a bit of my problem I think
    C I have be great and have given me a lot of info
    thank you every one for taken the time to read and reply

Advertisement