Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tipperary v Galway, SHC Qualifier, Semple Stadium @ 7pm

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Level again.

Only Galway could blow a six point lead like that in such a short time.

Can't have their heads dropping now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Awful decision by the referee to pull that hook:(

It wasn't really a hook though. Have a look back he chops on his hand rather than hooks him. It's debatable at best.

All over for Tannion by the looks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

There will be some interesting comments from SKY viewers abroad about this one. An absolute cracking second half...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Canning has completely disappeared in this second half.

Edit: that point is the first thing he's done in this half!

Nice one Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Canning has completely disappeared in this second half.

then he pops up with a point!

Brilliant point by Corbett there.

A yellow for that ????

FFS ref.

Dirty enough stroke from Moore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

2 pulsating exciting draws in one day on the cards...

OR...

making that lost Garth Brooks money back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Galway really should have had this game sewn up.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Lapin wrote: »
    A yellow for that ????

FFS ref.

He pulled across him.
    Very deliberate. Definite yellow.

What a score from noelie

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

This is the best i've seen Noel McGrath play in years.

Fair fuucks to Tipp, serious questions asked of them and they've come out swinging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Strong finish by Tipp.

Game over.

Season over.

:(

Tipp have it won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Lunatic defending by Galway.

• Advertisement

Jesus Christ Almighty :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Well deserved win. Tipp done the vast majority of the hurling, O'Dwyer, McGrath and Callinan have been heroic.

Callinan has been fantastic today. But he is so inconsistent. He could easily be brutal in the next match!

Scoreline definitely NOT a reflection on the game in all fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭randd1

The Galway forwards have given up completely, no heart when things are going against them. They are cowards under pressure.

Tipp much better, have the better hurlers, though Callinane has done wonders for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I thought it at the time that Galway's comeback against Kilkenny may have worse for their AI prospects that losing the match.Looking at the way they have faded in the last 15 minutes I wonder did 3 hard matches in 3 weeks take too much out of them.

Ridiculous that Tipp have a 5 week break to prepare and their opponents have 3 matches in 3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I thought it at the time that Galway's comeback against Kilkenny may have worse for their AI prospects that losing the match.Looking at the way they have faded in the last 15 minutes I wonder did 3 hard matches in 3 weeks take too much out of them.

Ridiculous that Tipp have a 5 week break to prepare and their opponents have 3 matches in 3 weeks.

And if Galway had won and Tipp's first touch been poor we'd be saying the opposite.

Last 20 minutes I think Tipp outscored Galway something like 2-10 to 0-1. Only won team deserved to win that match in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Galway seemed to run out of steam badly in the last 15 minutes. Maybe the 3rd weekend in a row finally caught up with them. Hard to believe they were 6 points up and flying with 18 minutes left. Seems a long time ago.

That's our first win in championship since 2012!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Galway just seemed to collapse in the second half. From their point of view, I'm not sure what happened.Is it the extra matches they played?

I thought there was no way Tipp would win at one stage but they pulled it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

And if Galway had won and Tipp's first touch been poor we'd be saying the opposite.

Last 20 minutes I think Tipp outscored Galway something like 2-10 to 0-1. Only won team deserved to win that match in the end.

Perhaps. But I don't think it helps the fairness in the championship when there are massive differences in the amount of time teams have to prepare for matches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Galway lost this? I left the pub with 20mins left and they seemed to be in control

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Really disappointed for Galway hurling. Haven't pushed on at all since the '12 final.

Tipp were 6 points down with 20 minutes to go and won by 9. Galway just didn't have the fitness for the 3 games.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Perhaps. But I don't think it helps the fairness in the championship when there are massive differences in the amount of time teams have to prepare for matches.

Some teams need more game time as well though and ask for it. The bottom line is they had the same chance Tipp had when the ball was thrown in, and were in a great position with 20 minutes left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

That is the best I have seen Noel McGrath play since 2010, bloody brilliant

Congratulations to Tipp and best of luck in the rest of the championship.

Bubbles dwyer, 7 points from play, great performance.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Bubbles dwyer, 7 points from play, great performance.

especially when stuck with the nickname "bubbles"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Players folded again in last quarter, this scoring in bursts and nothing for 10+ mins, can't do that in Championship hurling.
    Cunningham's term is up now after this match, unlikely he will continue for another season.
    Have to question the mentality of the Galway hurlers in the big matches and when losing.
    Disappointing season again.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I'm off to put money on Seamus Qualter being the new Galway manager

at least the Galway lads will enjoy the races fully now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

What next for Tipp.??
    Do they play a provincial loser or is there another round to play first.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

True that Tipp fully deserved the win, but Galway certainly tired in that second half. It was almost as if they sensed they had the game in the bag at 6 or 7 points up and eased off a bit, but when Tipp stepped up a gear Galway had nothing left. If I was a Tipp supporter I'd be delighted with the win, but would not be getting carried away. I'd fear for that back line against better, fitter teams than Galway.

Duiske wrote: »
    True that Tipp fully deserved the win, but Galway certainly tired in that second half. It was almost as if they sensed they had the game in the bag at 6 or 7 points up and eased off a bit, but when Tipp stepped up a gear Galway had nothing left. If I was a Tipp supporter I'd be delighted with the win, but would not be getting carried away. I'd fear for that back line against better, fitter teams than Galway.

Wouldn't argue with that, though Galway could have had 8 goals the first day against Kilkenny. It's one thing they do seem to do well, get goals. But amazingly that's rarely enough.

washman3 wrote: »
    What next for Tipp.??
    Do they play a provincial loser or is there another round to play first.?

Another round that contains Tipp, Offaly, Waterford and the winners of Clare/Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Fair play to Tipp, showed a bit of heart and turned it around when 6 points down. Callanan had some game, also nice to see Lar coming good late on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭merryberry

When u take in the league and championahip so far, I don't think I've seen a tipp team as inconsistent as this one.

merryberry wrote: »
    When u take in the league and championahip so far, I don't think I've seen a tipp team as inconsistent as this one.

You must have been missing for most of the last decade so. Id say there was a few similar teams really the two decades before too going by their record. But not if you listen to Leahy or Babs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

P Maher has to be played in the half back line from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭merryberry

You must have been missing for most of the last decade so. Id say there was a few similar teams really the two decades before too going by their record. But not if you listen to Leahy or Babs.

I disagree. Tipp teams that didn't perform in the past just didn't feature. Tipp have had polarised performances this year. We've seen them play some of the best 70 or 90 minutes of hurling...then we've seen them totally flop...all in the space of a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭donnem33

very disappointing last 20 mins from galway..the lads gave it everything and were dead on their feet for a finish. Possibly having 3 intense matches in 3 weeks took its toll. However, the scoreline is very flattering for tipp, it was much closer than that!!

Ive got to say, i know we in galway have a lot of of fickle supporters, but the abuse paudie maher received from the majority of tipp supporters around me at the match was criminal, and then the way he was treated as a hero for a finish when he played exceptional in the half back line, they brought fickleness to a new level!!

From a galway viewpoint, very disappointing campaign again. Being a galway supporter should come with a health warning - from the highs they can give to the depressing lows - and all in one game!! In saying that, i think we have found answers to full and centre back in the 2 burkes, jason flynn corner forward and brehony will be a serious hurler.The only positives from a disappointing year. Joe cooney and mannion are not up to senior intercounty imo.

Advertisement