Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation charge

Options
  • 02-07-2014 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi, could someone let me know the process around cancellation fees. I joined yourselves July last year and more than likely will be moving. If I call with a final meter reading before the contract ends (assuming its a year contract it will be at the end of this month) am I liable to pay a cancellation fee because its not the full term of the contract or how does this work. Also I am paying by DD, I assume these will stop automatically once I give a final reading? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Hurley6969,

There is an exit fee of €50 if the customer switches to another supplier before their contract ends with Electric Ireland (the switching process, either online or over the telephone with the chosen new supplier, would include providing an up-to-date meter reading - for the final bill with the previous supplier and the point from which to commence billing with the new supplier).
    There is no cancellation fee if the customer simply closes their account with Electric Ireland due to moving address.
    Switching supplier would cause the final bill from the previous supplier to be taken by direct debit, and any subsequent bills would be paid to the new provider, which would require supply of bank details for setting up direct debit with them.

If you would like us to check your account, e.g. when your contract ends, do private message us your Electric Ireland account number and your name, address and telephone number, confirming you are the account-holder.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement