Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best time to go fishing in dun laoghaire

Options
  • 02-07-2014 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I'm planning on heading out to Dun laoghaire with my 7 year old for his first time sea fishing. When is the best time to go ? I used to fish there a lot in the past and it used to be crowded. Is it still crowded these days? I'm planning to go on a Saturday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭con___manx1

I'm planning on heading out to Dun laoghaire with my 7 year old for his first time sea fishing. When is the best time to go ? I used to fish there a lot in the past and it used to be crowded. Is it still crowded these days? I'm planning to go on a Saturday

i always find a couple of hours before high tide is the best time to go sea fishing. use rag or squid and you could catch a few smooth hounds. i havent fished there in a while but there is always a few fisherman about. you could always give killiney beach a go. i took a 10 and 13 year old boys fishing Monday. they had a great time and it was there first time fishing too ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

If it's the harbour you're thinking of I wouldn't bother, with the Fancy yacht launch crane there now there's not much room, you'd be better off as con says going to Killiney, or you could try Colliemore Harbour in Dalkey, but that tends to be fairly busy so you'd need to be there early

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Brianmeath

Best bet would be during the week. Be quite then. Nothing worse than lad cast over your head. It is very dangerous with a crowd. I was there last year on a Saturday, only fished for a hour then the traffic came I made for the hills.

Advertisement