Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO - Round A

Options
  • 02-07-2014 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Does anyone know what time tomorrow the Round A offers are due out?

Been relatively calm about the whole thing leading up to this week but getting very nervous at this stage. Good luck to everyone waiting on offers!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think it's 6am. It was in previous years.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ross1986

Cheers Spurious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Is it tomorrow?. The college I applied to told me it was the 4th.

Best of luck anyway

I was told by UL it was the 3rd July so unless they have it wrong then hopefully it's tomorrow!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Just checked this.
    CAO say the 4th.
    https://www.cao.ie/help_files/round_dates.php

• Advertisement

Looks like UL were wrong so!

Irish people have difficulty with months that only have 30 days. It confuses us.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Murphster

Will the round A offers be via post or will they be available online?

By email I'd imagine. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Juicy432

Murphster wrote: »
    Will the round A offers be via post or will they be available online?

Online and by post a few days later.

• Advertisement

Ross1986 wrote: »
    By email I'd imagine. Best of luck.

Cheers Ross1986

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nobodyknows

WIT told me it was going to be 3rd of july too, the wait is killing me

• Registered Users Posts: 43 merkal

they def said the 3rd to me too, i was expecting a letter, i didn't realize it would be an email.

merkal wrote: »
    they def said the 3rd to me too, i was expecting a letter, i didn't realize it would be an email.

the offers come via both post and email, if you gave them your mobile number when you set it up then they will text you too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

So who checked their email this morning ? nothing :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Nada :(

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭oinkely

The offers are issued this afternoon so don't worry yet.

Maybe its after 9am...or possibly not until the 4th...

after 9am, if i have to wait all day, i may have an anxiety attack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Best of luck to you everyone. Hope it goes well for you and there's a blizzard of offers in the offing.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 KevHos

I've been up since 5 mindlessly refreshing the page..

KevHos wrote: »
    I've been up since 5 mindlessly refreshing the page..

question. do we have to check the cao page or our actual email?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

You accept or decline via your CAO online account. Usually an email is sent to tell you to check it.

Haven't a clue? They've been pretty bad at explaining things this year, how do we even accept the offers?

I googled it after seeing the link that Spurious posted and it says that the offers come out tomorrow @ 6am so I wouldnt hold out much hope for today.

KevHos wrote: »
    Haven't a clue? They've been pretty bad at explaining things this year, how do we even accept the offers?

oh thank goodness i'm not the only one. although i expect the email will explain it all

Ross1986 wrote: »
    I googled it after seeing the link that Spurious posted and it says that the offers come out tomorrow @ 6am so I wouldn't hold out much hope for today.

That's pretty annoying that all the colleges would say the 3rd but CAO say the 4th, considering it's such an important day for anyone who received an offer, you think they'd have made sure the day was right

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

So should we all assume that we wont hear anything until tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

We should hear something today, we just dont know what time. On their website it said "after 6am", so that could probably be anytime up to 5pm.

• Advertisement

borrch wrote: »
    We should hear something today, we just dont know what time. On their website it said "after 6am", so that could probably be anytime up to 5pm.

the offers aren't out until tomorrow https://www.cao.ie/help_files/round_dates.php

all the offers should be out at the same time at/soon after 6 am, they always say from 6am even for round 1 and 2, they usually don't have people waiting all day, its to cover themselves incase the is an issue and they've to delay the offers for an hour or two

Advertisement