Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO - Round A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

Thanks, for some reason I had the 3rd in my head :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

borrch wrote: »
    Thanks, for some reason I had the 3rd in my head :-)

well considering that is what ucc said on their email to me i thought so as well

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

I'm 99% sure the CAO had the 3rd July on their website few weeks go. They must have changed it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭MyNameIsMethos

Woke up to find a letter from the CAO today!!! ...to inform me that they have registered my course changes from a few days back..

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ross1986

Woke up to find a letter from the CAO today!!! ...to inform me that they have registered my course changes from a few days back..

Haha I got one of them on Monday, nothing like getting the hopes up only to find out it's not what you thought it was.

• Advertisement

Got one as well, i was on the bus to waterford and broke out in cold sweats when my dad called me to let me know.

Oh I got one just before the deadline too, from reading other threads I knew already that there was one more days wait so I knew it couldn't be what I was hoping for but it's impossible not to hold out hope!

In related news: I hear that the letters were/will be posted today so that they arrive tomorrow. Who's up for a daring raid on the Carrick-on-Shannon post office? I'll bring the balaclavas: we'll make a day of it!

Oh I got one just before the deadline too, from reading other threads I knew already that there was one more days wait so I knew it couldn't be what I was hoping for but it's impossible not to hold out hope!

In related news: I hear that the letters were/will be posted today so that they arrive tomorrow. Who's up for a daring raid on the Carrick-on-Shannon post office? I'll bring the balaclavas: we'll make a day of it!

as much as i would love to go on an adventure, i think i can wait until 6 am

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

Just one more day to wait! Good luck to everyone waiting to get offers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

The wait is killing me . I know I have my top choice course gotten . DKIT sent me out a letter to say I was going to be offered a place . I just want tomorrow to come as quick as possible .

• Advertisement

The wait is killing me . I know I have my top choice course gotten . DKIT sent me out a letter to say I was going to be offered a place . I just want tomorrow to come as quick as possible .

i'm in the same boat, i've been offered my two places at ucc, i just hope i get my first choice

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i'm in the same boat, i've been offered my two places at ucc, i just hope i get my first choice

From what I know you should be offered the place you chose as top preference . I can't see the college saying you will be offered a place for it not to happen .

From what I know you should be offered the place you chose as top preference . I can't see the college saying you will be offered a place for it not to happen .

hope so, otherwise this will turn into one very crap week. my garth brooks concert got cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 23 KevHos

I keep thinking it's this massive race to accept your offer before anyone else lol, so who's doing what? I'm going to UCC for criminology.

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    hope so, otherwise this will turn into one very crap week. my garth brooks concert got cancelled

Well the letter I got stated I would be offered a place in DKIT unless a higher offer came . It's my top choice so I'm expecting to accept the course tomorrow .

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Drezden

I'm doing Computer Applications in DCU, literally knocking the days on my calendar, can't wait. It's been the longest summer ever because of the waiting.....it's tough to take the mind off it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 leaving cert is fun

Just came across this thread, i did the leaving cert last year and got 350 points but didnt make my course. i got the dare scheme this year and i definitely should get one of my top 2 choices. will i get a round a offer if i did leaving cert last year ?

Just came across this thread, i did the leaving cert last year and got 350 points but didnt make my course. i got the dare scheme this year and i definitely should get one of my top 2 choices. will i get a round a offer if i did leaving cert last year ?

It all depends on the college but I think most of the round A offers are to tell mature students they have been offered a place first . But I could be wrong on that front . You are best off logging into CAO tomorrow and see if they offer you a place .

woot!!!!! :D got my first choice :D that's a relief now i can go back to sleep

and they were giving me my 2nd choice for level 7 as well, :P

Congrats Sunbabe, tough thing to go back to sleep mind! Time to party like the students we're all gonna be!!

My first choice is still on a waiting list, but I've got my 2nd choice level 8 which will do just as well and my top level 7. Happy to have the time to wait out my reply now though: must finish sorting funding before I commit to the level 8

Today is a good day :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Mercurial_

Had a minor panic when I didn't see an email from CAO in my inbox. Checked website...my offer was there. Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Murphster

Woohoo! Offered both of my top course choicesfor level 7 & 8! Happy days! Accommodation hunt starts now!

congrats everybody :D

lets party folks, we're students living the student life

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Bookworm85

Had a major panic when there was nothing in my email. Checked the website and voila...I got my first choice :D:D:D

Congrats everyone!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ross1986

Didnt get an email either so logged on and checked, and the offer was there, accepted it straight away!

Congratulations everyone, who's doing what and where?

I'm doing P.E with teacher education in UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 becktron

Got my offer, accepted the minute the email came in today. Not my first choice but looks interesting all the same.

Visual & Critical Studies! Yeaaah!

Good luck and congrats to everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bloodstormaoa

Congratulations everyone! Well done Ross1986! :D

Got my second choice at UL (Arts-Joint Honours), which I'm happy about but it'll make life a little more difficult for me down the road. Here's hoping that someone doesn't accept their offer and I'll get my first choice in another round! :p

Arts degree in UCC. now to make sure I get the subjects that I want. my fingers are crossed so much these days, I'm afraid they will be permanently like that

• Registered Users Posts: 43 merkal

just got offered social science in UCC. So happy to press that ACCEPT button!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Hey, quick question. If my girlfriend accepts a course now with the CAO, can she change her mind later when the rest of the results come out?

Advertisement