Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO - Round A

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Accepted my first choice all I can say is I'm glad I knew since the 17th of may that I had it . It was a relief to press the accept button because now it's happening :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GingerNut93

Congrats everyone that got what they wanted :)

I didn't get offered anything this morning but I'm applying with FETAC so hopefully at the end of July I get something :). Fingers crossed.

Congrats to everyone. :) Is everyone delighted? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ross1986

Congratulations everyone! Well done Ross1986! :D

Got my second choice at UL (Arts-Joint Honours), which I'm happy about but it'll make life a little more difficult for me down the road. Here's hoping that someone doesn't accept their offer and I'll get my first choice in another round! :p

Cheers!

What's your 1st choice? Fingers crossed you'll get it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Xios wrote: »
    Hey, quick question. If my girlfriend accepts a course now with the CAO, can she change her mind later when the rest of the results come out?

Yes, if she accepts her current offer now and one of her preferred choices becomes available she will be offered it and despite accepting her current offer

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭allybabe84

Accepted my first choice all I can say is I'm glad I knew since the 17th of may that I had it . It was a relief to press the accept button because now it's happening :-D

That's exactly my situation too! Even though I've known since May it doesn't seem real until the cao offer comes around! Congrats :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Half Rhodesian

Got my first choice at 10am this morning, having been rejected it last year :) the phone went 'beep' and it took me near three hours to pluck up the balls to look at the text!! Bahahahahahaha!!! Mature/Oldballs Earth and Ocean science at NUIG!! Congrats to everyone and i hope your happy

• Registered Users Posts: 23 racingboo

Just curious, I got a letter in May saying my mature interview had been successful and I'd be offered a place - DK890 - but no offer this round. I'm really, really worried, especially seeing everyone here seem to have got theirs. Should I panic? I applied and went for an interview as a mature student, though I had also completed a FETAC course and did very well in it.

I am dying here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

racingboo wrote: »
    Just curious, I got a letter in May saying my mature interview had been successful and I'd be offered a place - DK890 - but no offer this round. I'm really, really worried, especially seeing everyone here seem to have got theirs. Should I panic? I applied and went for an interview as a mature student, though I had also completed a FETAC course and did very well in it.

I am dying here.

I say call the college

• Registered Users Posts: 23 racingboo

I think I will, can't stand the tension!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Was offered and accepted my first choice Level 8 course on Friday morning. Looking forward to getting started in September :D
    Community & Youth Work in NUIM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

racingboo wrote: »

I am dying here.

Wow that's pretty nuts ! I take it you are supposed to be starting in Dundalk in September ? I got the same letter in May and I accepted my course on Friday .

Advertisement