Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this work realistic on a 100k budget

Options
  • 02-07-2014 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭

House is a 95sqm 3 bed semi D

Rear extension (+new kitchen)
    Attic conversion
    New triple glaze windows and doors
    External insulation
    New master bathroom

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

How big an extension?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Without seeing the spec Its hard to say but in my opinion plenty of change over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

depends on how long the piece of string is....... you can spend 60k on a kitchen or 3k so as you can see the answer is all in the detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Thanks for the comments so far, here is a little more detail...

So I want a 25-30sq metre single story extension, finished to a decent standard.

The kitchen would need to be pretty good but in my head I'm thing about 20k? Am I way off there?

Attic will be a standard conversion but it my require a couple of dormers.

How much would I be talking for new triple glaze windows and doors for the whole house?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just a stab/ballpark...but, I reckon around 115K (+) for what you have described built to a good (and compliant) standard. In that I am allowing E10K for replacement triple glazed windows/doors.

Just bear in mind that you will need planning permission if you want to add dormers.

• Advertisement

Again I would need some speck but I would be talking 30k for the build, 15k for a really nice kitchen, maybe a little under 10k for the windows and 18k for a really nice attic.
    Now thats 73,000.00 plus the vat and includes signing off cert so your still under the 100,000 so that leaves plenty for the dormers and planning

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Over 100k IMO. 650gs, you ignored the Ewi, bathroom/ plumbing, and all the retro-fit / extension associated items that are not covered in the OP's detailed list

Well there all the small things included just my price range

Advertisement