Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK monarch watching hurling

Options
  • 02-07-2014 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/lovely-hurling-queen-gives-gaa-coverage-royal-seal-of-approval-30399701.html

One sends it up, sends it high, and sends it over the bar - another pint for Royal Berkshire.

Seems Queen Elizabeth II has been enjoying some of the fastest field game in the world. I knew this magic game couldn't hide out forever in the dark recesses of rural Ireland. Gave me some of the happiest days of my youth and I still bring the camán to the park to puck a ball for the dog.

If the GAA are serious about internationalisation of this stick-game code, they have a ready network of Gaels scattered all over by which they can promote it. I'm all for it, rather than just keeping it as a thing for ourselves.

Comments

Advertisement