Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edited Posts

Options
  • 02-07-2014 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭

A few of my posts were edited by an Admin but not until about 2 months after I posted them. I know that I probably should not have gone into such detail in these particular posts but I just find it odd that so much time had passed between me posting and them being edited.

Posts were in the Regional Forums so were about a local issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

We have no context, no forum, no information.

Can you link to the posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    We have no context, no forum, no information.

Link to the thread or just my posts?
    Its on the Waterford City forum. I was angry and I know I spoke my mind in some of my posts a bit more than maybe I should have

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Link to the thread or just my posts?

:)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057172114

I cant figure out how to link to my specific posts but post 8 on the first page is one and all the rest are nearly the same.
    All he's really done is remove a persons name but I'm a bit puzzled as to why it was done 2 months after I wrote the post.

At the time I sent a PM to Sully, one of the moderators who I know personally as I thought the thread should be closed because as the whole situation unfolded peoples names were mentioned and I wasn't sure if that was appropriate but he said it was fine once noting derogatory was said, and there absolutely wasn't, in fact the opposite was the case

So I'm not clear what the issue is here.

From what I can see the edit consisted of removing a name. Or is there more to it?

• Advertisement

So I'm not clear what the issue is here.

From what I can see the edit consisted of removing a name. Or is there more to it?

Correct but this happened during March and into the beginning of April but I just find it odd that the posts were not edited until June

I have no idea.

Perhaps there was a legal request from the named person.

So if there is nothing else, I will mark this as closed.

I have no idea.

Perhaps there was a legal request from the named person.

So if there is nothing else, I will mark this as closed.

You can close this yes. I have sent a PM to Gordon because in case there has been a legal request, being a local issue the people on that thread nearly all know each other so I just want to clear a few things up if thats the case

Ok, the names were removed to protect the privacy of the individual concerned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement