Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get your razors out!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Huge - 82seconds over 40km

if as hairy as I am its more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Just one more reason I was chicked on the bike in Kilkee PK, sure only for my big bushy beard I might even have beaten Fazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

zico10 wrote: »
    Just one more reason I was chicked on the bike in Kilkee PK, sure only for my big bushy beard I might even have beaten Fazz.

Will we see Zico sport a newly shaven look in Lost Sheep as a pre-cursor to Mallorca for testing??? :pac::pac::pac:

Maybe the extra weight lost will give you even more time on the run too!!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

was told at a recent (local) sprint i needed to start shaving the legs given the time i was putting in. i laughed.

now i'm almost considering it for lost sheep. 2/3 minutes over a half distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

mossym wrote: »
    was told at a recent (local) sprint i needed to start shaving the legs given the time i was putting in. i laughed.

now i'm almost considering it for lost sheep. 2/3 minutes over a half distance?

3 mins is a lot. Question though is it worth the mocking from non-cycling/tri folk??

I'm just going to use it as my excuse for not having better Bike splits...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Before i get the razor out id want to see some more info on this! This will not go down with herself!

Question though is it worth the mocking from non-cycling/tri folk??
    Bambaata wrote: »
    Before i get the razor out id want to see some more info on this! This will not go down with herself!

i'm not worried about the mocking from non tri folk, bambaata has hit the much bigger concern squarely on the head. i brought it up as a joke previously and it got shot down very quickly even though i wasn't serious.

it may have to be a "do it and face the consequences later". should probably do it before flying to lanzarote next wednesday to let the legs brown up, avoid the freshly shaved white legs look..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bopperr

How does wind tunnel testing for cyclists actually work in terms off wind strength and direction. Does anyone know?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

it may have to be a "do it and face the consequences later". should probably do it before flying to lanzarote next wednesday to let the legs brown up, avoid the freshly shaved white legs look..:eek:
    20827_1_230c.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

I'm just going to casually bring this up in the conversation on the way home west this evening, like as you do, "...hey hun, have we discussed the findings of the latest wind tunnel testing yet? I did't think so, well..." Time to test the waters.

• Advertisement

Waters tested. Turbulent. Life jacket needed.

Will wait for her to be gone for a day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Bambaata wrote: »

Will only be a problem if you have less hair on your leg than the other half has :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

Waters tested. Turbulent. Life jacket needed.

Will wait for her to be gone for a day:)

well its either shave them or spend hundreds on new aero gear argument not work ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I'm just going to casually bring this up in the conversation on the way home west this evening, like as you do, "...hey hun, have we discussed the findings of the latest wind tunnel testing yet? I did't think so, well..." Time to test the waters.

I did this too. She said I need to keep the hair. Otherwise my legs will look even skinnier. :eek:

Yeah, I just got a manky rash from freshly shaved legs and a wetsuit...... yuck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I don't know if shes trying to be funny, but my wife reckons I'd be far better off waxing, or using her epliator (I have no idea what that is but her eagerness it try it on my over the weekend leads me to believe its not fun)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Ceepo

tunney wrote: »
    Yeah, I just got a manky rash from freshly shaved legs and a wetsuit...... yuck

But you were probably 4/5 min faster on the bike, ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

BTH wrote: »
    I don't know if shes trying to be funny, but my wife reckons I'd be far better off waxing, or using her epliator (I have no idea what that is but her eagerness it try it on my over the weekend leads me to believe its not fun)

Good luck with the epliator :D No hair for weeks after, great yoke!

Ceepo wrote: »
    But you were probably 4/5 min faster on the bike, ;):)

Haha. 5.50 is so much better than 5.55

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

its all aobut the bike so 5 min would be a big difference but this are cloud numbers which seriously makes one to question the testing protocol of the industry (or they used a monkey ie a very very hairy guy . A typical number usualy seen would be about 10- 60 secs for 40 k and i would guess 30 sec is probably the average one can look at .
    but again that would depend how hairy somebody is in the first place.

still a lot given its free speed.and most likely more than any investment can achieve iin a frame once you ride a cervelo p2

they must have used zico for the testing in his case i could easily beleive the test numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

I have very hairy legs....1/ .Wife just said if I shaved them I would NEVER have Sex again!!!! and 2/ My Ass is so hairy it would look absolutely ridiculous with shaven legs!!

question... if you were to shave legs, where do you start and finish???
    do black and decker do leg shavers??

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭cycleoin86

Trig1 wrote: »
    question... if you were to shave legs, where do you start and finish???
    do black and decker do leg shavers??

How to shave your legs like a pro....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

You boys don't shave your legs....and you call yourselves triathletes??? :confused:

Dory Dory wrote: »
    You boys don't shave your legs....and you call yourselves triathletes??? :confused:

Nope.
    Never referred to myself as a triathlete. You have to be fast to do that. I take part in triathlons. Would belittle the good guys to call myself one of them

Never referred to myself as a footballer either while I was playing competitively. I played football at the weekends.

I was a scuba diver though, go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Nope.
    Never referred to myself as a triathlete. You have to be fast to do that. I take part in triathlons. Would belittle the good guys to call myself one of them

Never referred to myself as a footballer either while I was playing competitively. I played football at the weekends.

I was a scuba diver though, go figure.

:eek: I do hope everyone realizes what I wrote was tongue in cheek. Apologies if that was not clear.

Dory Dory wrote: »
    :eek: I do hope everyone realizes what I wrote was tongue in cheek.

No worries dory, twas very obvious you were having fun.

No worries dory, twas very obvious you were having fun.

And I was only having fun too. I correct my wife every time she uses the word triathlete when people ask why I'm out on my bike again, or stick my head into the room to say hello to guests as I head out on a run right off the bike. I proudly referred to myself as a scuba diver though. Probably still would. This is a strange sport. :)

Advertisement