Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarrassing Gaming Weaknesses

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'm a MMO clicker :o. Have never been able to use WASD and ability key binds due to not being very dextrous. I even went and bought a Naga mouse to help, but cant use it properly. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The swell thing about sucking at a lot of these FPS titles is that it really made me empathize with my auld lad trying to get to grips with the N64 controller back in the day; I could never process why he couldn't get the hang of it, but then boom! every time the younger relatives bring over a CoD I'm always looking down at the pad, belching 'who needs this many buttons?'. I think Bioshock is the first 'modern' one I've not immediately given up on in exasperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,547 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Stealth modes in games... Trying to do/kill X or Y while not being detected. I end up hiding in a corner, observing the patrols and figuring out what is the best way to sneak in, then realise I've been staring at the screen for half an hour without doing anything. I say "fcuk this" and run in and get spotted straight away and fail the mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Stealth games always piss me off.

You get seen, the alarm goes off, you hide for 30 seconds, everything calms down and the enemy return to their patrols.

Bull****, no at all realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

You get seen, the alarm goes off, you hide for 30 seconds, everything calms down and the enemy return to their patrols.

Huh? Whose footprints are these? :pac:

• Advertisement

Vojera wrote: »
    Huh? Whose footprints are these? :pac:

"It's just a box"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And as soon as they see you, everyone comes running and sees you with no communication between the first guard and the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You get seen, the alarm goes off, you hide for 30 seconds, everything calms down and the enemy return to their patrols. you say "**** it!" and reload your last save.

:p
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    And as soon as they see you, everyone comes running and sees you with no communication between the first guard and the others.
    Some games have the stop the guard before he gets to a radio mechanic. You could shoot out radios in MGS2, for example.

I find it extremely difficult to play single player games these days. I lose interest so quickly. I seem to just pop in and out of online games for my fix. I will only play a single player game if I really, really want to play it. I have no time for average single player games.

Advertisement