Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi 800w petrol generator

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

Any takers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

No. It's an 800W piece of rubbish that isn't designed for sustained use. One decent mains powered hammer drill would overload it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

Thanks for the reply, ideally what would it be used for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It's a light weight occasional use generator. It'd be fine to run some lights, a water pump, a light duty power tool for a short time, charge batteries, etc. 800W is a tiny amount of power and that generator won't be designed to constantly sustain it for any length of time. Anyone doing any serious site work will have heavy duty power tools in the 700-1000W range and will want a larger sustained use diesel generator (at minimum a 2KW unit).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

hexosan wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, ideally what would it be used for.

Handy for the odd camping trip, where you wanted to charge things up and so on. Or to have in the house to run a few lamps off during a power outage. Wouldn't use it for much more than that myself...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Mine operated my big Bosch (kango) 1100watt Jack hammer for hours on a job with no problem or lack of power.
    But was thirsty with work load.

Drill no problem either.

For €80 it's was a good buy a few years ago.

I'm sure a €500 geny would be better !
    €2000 geny better still .....

Advertisement