Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Party Plan my night out

• 02-07-2014 12:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi, 8 friends and I are heading to London at the weekend to celebrate my birthday. We're late 30s ish and are staying near Oxford Circus. I've planned Friday night - Eat Drink Bowl at All Star Lanes followed by Soho but am having issues with Saturday night. We want to get dressed up, go for dinner, cocktails and dancing. We'd like to stay central so no trips to Camden or Clapham.

Initially I had thought about the Skylon at Southbank but was but off by the limited group menu - and now I can't get a booking there.

My friends are all making a big effort to abandon their lives for the weekend (some are even leaving behind husbands and small children) so I want to make it worth their while so please, overwhelm me with your wonderful suggestions. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I can't think of anything off-hand that might suit, but it would be worth your while having a look at the Travel forum Things To Do In... subsection. I just did a quick search for London there and there are a bunch of threads, so you might get some useful ideas.

Also, Timeout has a list of their best London cocktail bars and a clubbing guide which might help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

teecee74 wrote: »
    My friends are all making a big effort to abandon their lives for the weekend (some are even leaving behind husbands and small children) so I want to make it worth their while so please, overwhelm me with your wonderful suggestions. Thanks for your help.

Go to Egg and take a blast of yokes.

In all seriousness though, have a look at this http://www.designmynight.com/london

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭teecee74

Hi

Thanks for the replies. Just as soon as I posted my message, Skylon emailed me about a cancelled reservation so I was able to book there.

I've never heard of Egg but Mollys and yokes are well behind up. I got in touch with Designmynight and they've put ius on the guestlist for the Kanaloa Club, they have some great places on the site - I had been hoping for DISCO London but Kanaloalooks good and has the Mahili like cocktail chest so it's hopefully all good.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Is that site worth using so? I'm glad you got sorted anyway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Barchick is also a great website for planning nights out:

http://www.barchick.com/city-guides/london

Have a great weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

The Mayor of Scaredy Cat Town is a good novelty when going for cocktails

Sushisamba at the top of Heron Tower is nearby and classier (more expensive) with great views from the top

Both are 2mins from Liverpool St station

Advertisement