Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text from BoI?

Options
  • 02-07-2014 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

I just got a text asking me to contact BoI at 1890 866 555. Is this genuine? 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi beveragelady, 

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie. 

And thank you TheChizler for supplying the link in your above post. 

The text from 1890 866 555 is indeed from the Credit Card Collections department in Bank of Ireland. You can redial that number to speak to a representative directly. 

If we can help you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Caff Caff

According to BOI (I just called them) that I was not to call the number as it is not genuine. Did you call? Surely if it was urgent they would call. They called me once before to see if I had used my credit card abroad. I was abroad and thanked them for checking. In future it is best to let the bank know you will be abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Caff Caff wrote: »
    According to BOI (I just called them) that I was not to call the number as it is not genuine. Did you call? Surely if it was urgent they would call. They called me once before to see if I had used my credit card abroad. I was abroad and thanked them for checking. In future it is best to let the bank know you will be abroad.
    Hi Caff Caff, 

Thanks for your post.

This is a genuine number for bank of Ireland collections. I can see Alison has answered you here.

Thanks

Janette

Advertisement