Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Ireland sms to Optus

Options
  • 02-07-2014 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

For the last week and a bit now any text I've sent to someone on O2 Ireland have delivered but their replies haven't. I've tried on a few phones/networks and it's just O2 and Optus that seems to have the problem. Today I lost it and spend over 3 hours on the phone getting bounced between Sydney and India with nobody sure what's going on. This evening I received a call from a tech guy in Sydney who said there's a "broken connection" somewhere and it's affecting 25 networks between Europe, Asia and Australia. "Repairs are underway." Just thought I'd share in case anyone else had noticed a problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

Since I arrived in Jan I cant text a few friends at home..

I'm on Vodafone and some of them are on O2, I'm not sure are all of them O2...I can ring them no probs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

I'm having the exact same issue more or less. Living in Brisbane for a few weeks, the last two or so of which I haven't received any texts from O2- and have also tried Meteor webtext. No issues for six months in Melbourne which is odd.

I'm on Virgin, as is my girlfriend- and both of us are having the same issue. Virgin is on the Optus network so you would imagine it is the same issue.

Have been back and forth with Virgin for last week or so to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

Just to update- the issue rectified itself overnight during the week. Have no idea how- either do Virgin- but there you go. Hopefully it stays fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Optus said that damage to an undersea cable near Hong Kong was the cause of a two week text failure.

Advertisement