Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Area Advice Dublin City

Options
  • 02-07-2014 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

HI Everyone,

I've decided to move to the city. I've found 2 decent apartments one is in Smithfield Markets and the other in Spencer dock. I'm just wondering which is better located, which is the better area safer, entertainment etc. Just really looking for some local knowledge

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Both are in relatively good areas. Spencer Dock is definitely more central but the area is completely dead at weekends.

Smithfield has a cinema, pubs and restaurants a big grocery store and the Luas is right there so you're in the centre of town in five minutes. There always seems to be some 'characters' hanging around the main square but I've never witnessed anything rough.

Where will you be working / studying?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I like Smithfield, decent pubs nearby L Mulligan, Cobblestones, the cinema, lots of decent restaurants on Capel Street too. Don't know as much about Spencer Dock but as stated above could imagine it being very quiet at the weekends.

Advertisement