Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit Query

Options
  • 02-07-2014 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi, I ordered a bed from Argos and paid for it by Visa Debit last Saturday. The money is gone from my account but Argos are saying there's no order as the system is playing up.
    So how do I go about getting my money back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi Rainbow Kitty,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

It is advisable that you contact the retailer directly and try to resolve this with them first.

If you cannot resolve this with the retailer then please complete the Visa debit dispute form here and return to the address at the bottom of the form.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rainbow Kitty

Hi Rainbow Kitty,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

It is advisable that you contact the retailer directly and try to resolve this with them first.

If you cannot resolve this with the retailer then please complete the Visa debit dispute form here and return to the address at the bottom of the form.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Nicola
    Argos have stated that they have no order from me. On my 365 online it still says Debit card and amount I paid, it doesn't say Argos. Also Argos have said that the money may be in a BOI holding account. Argos never sent a confirmation email as they say they never received the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Often when you buy something, the bank has to authorise the full amount but it's not taken from your account.More like it's frozen. The authorisation should drop off in 3-5 working days and the money will be available again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Rainbow Kitty, 

When Bank of Ireland approves a transaction on your account, we issue an approval code to the company to process your order. When this code is sent the transaction will appear as a debit on your account.  

As the company have confirmed that they have not received an order from you, this would indicate that the authorisation code will not be processed and the funds should return to your account within the next few days.

If this does not happen, please follow my colleges previous advise by completing the Visa Debit Dispute form. 

We hope this helps and that this is resolved for you as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement