Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash for clothes places in Waterford?

Options
  • 02-07-2014 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone know of any places that pay for bags of decent clothes? I have a heap of bags, some for the clothes bins but also some with nearly new and new clothes that I wouldn't mind getting a few bob for..

Cheers
    H

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I ended up just donating them to ncbi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

I just went down with some of my decent clothes to the local cash for your clothes branch in Kilkenny and it is closed. No mention of a move or anything, and signs still up all over shop. Don't know where to go now...am giving St Vincent de Paul a miss since they didn't want my TV last time I paid them a visit.
    Anyone know where the nearest to Kilkenny branch is...Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

the cash for clothes place just pays by weight. so a full black bag could be about 6 Euro.

there's one by the park as mentioned and one in lisduggan shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

AFAIK, there's a shop out in Lisduggan Shopping Center.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Does anyone know what charities in Waterford accept clothes?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Swinng

There Clothes for Cash in the Lisduggan shopping Centre.

For Charity there is a few around. There is one on Ballybrickan down from Allfie Hales (St Bridgets).
    There is 2 on o O'Connell's street just by Subway (One has a closing down sale on it so not sure if they are taking anything anymore).
    Another one around the corner from Crepe Shop (Old Temple Bar/Bobby Mcgees pub), just up the hill (Not sure on this one as I have not gone up the hill in a while).
    There is the WSPCA just by the Mercy school

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

rustopher wrote: »
    I just went down with some of my decent clothes to the local cash for your clothes branch in Kilkenny and it is closed. No mention of a move or anything, and signs still up all over shop. Don't know where to go now...am giving St Vincent de Paul a miss since they didn't want my TV last time I paid them a visit.
    Anyone know where the nearest to Kilkenny branch is...Waterford?

Most charity places cannot take electrical stuff for health and safety reasons - and because people foist off stuff that doesn't work rather than taking it to the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    the cash for clothes place just pays by weight. so a full black bag could be about 6 Euro.

there's one by the park as mentioned and one in lisduggan shopping centre.

Well I would get €15 for my bags..they do take out stuff that may be damaged etc but expect that so its good if you have clothes good enough to pass on and get a few bob for. I emailed them but got no reply and their website does not give info on where branches are.

Advertisement