Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to prepare for potential job loss/redundancy

• 02-07-2014 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

There has recently been a large number of redundancies in my place of work - supposedly vol but most people who took it were advised to take it. They were long servers, high wages due to an index linked pay deal / union deal. I have a very strong suspicion that they are about to do similar to myself or my team. My boss is already hinting and I know he will protect himself at all costs.
    I am not a union member & I want to be prepared. I am realistic and know that if the decision is made to offer me vol redun, that I will have no choice.
    I am of the belief that in the recent VR scheme, people did negotiate additional payments but I have no evidence - based on overheard conversations of senior managers.

My questions is how do I prepare for it /where can I get advice (a web search has left me none the wiser)
    ....if I decide I want it, how can I maximise my offer
    ..... if I decide I don't want it, how do I fight it

Important to note, my role is not redundant based on current business plan, unless my boss takes it on (a board director - he wouldn't know where to begin) and it does produce return on investment.

Any advice on what to start thinking about/how to prepare/inform myself would be really appreciated

thx & regards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Could you talk to any of the managers who might have negotiated theirs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oopss

Have tried but my guess is that deals have been done and there has to be confidentiality clauses. None of them are close enough friends to ask outright .
    But thank you for suggesting.

Advertisement