Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Regional Marketplace Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Damn. Is it risky to contact them? It might flag up address... discrepancies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Shred

maximoose wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble making purchases the last few days?

Haven't changed any details on my account, and def money on the card, but trying to buy from US store I'm told

I've been getting that since my card was switched to Avant following MBNA pulling out a few months ago, it worked fine before. It's a pain in the hole as I've been making purchases through US currency cards instead which works out 8-10 dearer (but still cheaper than buying here).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Damn. Is it risky to contact them? It might flag up address... discrepancies :pac:

You don't need to explain how and when you travel :)

I got what I wanted in the end using US gift card. Read a thread on Neogaf about that error code that suggested removing all payment methods from each regional profile, wait 24 hours and add them back on - seems to have worked for some.

Will give that a go and if it doesn't work I'll have a chat with support.

I got what I wanted in the end using US gift card. Read a thread on Neogaf about that error code that suggested removing all payment methods from each regional profile, wait 24 hours and add them back on - seems to have worked for some.

Cool, I'll give that a shot myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

just wondering are there any hidden charges when buying off the singapore marketplace?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

What is the cheapest marketplace? Is it the Singapore, Honk Kong or Indian?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

It vaires from game to game http://www.digitalgamesprices.com/xboxone.php

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Reading they've started to lock down purchasing from Hong Kong and India stores you now have to use a VPN to complete the purchase, some are using Chrome with Hola and changing the region to India or Hong Kong, US seems to be working fine still!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Reading they've started to lock down purchasing from Hong Kong and India stores you now have to use a VPN to complete the purchase, some are using Chrome with Hola and changing the region to India or Hong Kong, US seems to be working fine still!

If that's true then we may have to review things with regard to allowing discussion on it. The fact that up until now you didn't need to jump through any hoops to buy digitally on alt markets, it more or less stated MS were happy to turn a blind eye to it. But if now, you need a VPN, then they're protecting those markets & as with Netflix, discussion of bypassing restrictions becomes a whole different thing.

• Advertisement

Tried the above and it didn't work, still getting the same error

BUT its confined to the using xbox.com store in a browser, I can make purchases in the store on the console itself no prob, so no biggie really.

I haven't tried yet but I'm getting the error on the console itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Might just be me I can make purchases on the US store fine, but Hong Kong is a no go (wanted to get Sunset Overdrive for €35).

I have linked up Credit Card and Paypal and can't buy on xbox.com (using Hola) or the console. Just says try another payment method.
    Oh well, the US store is still a decent saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Ronan wrote: »
    Might just be me I can make purchases on the US store fine, but Hong Kong is a no go (wanted to get Sunset Overdrive for €35).

I have linked up Credit Card and Paypal and can't buy on xbox.com (using Hola) or the console. Just says try another payment method.
    Oh well, the US store is still a decent saving.

If your card s added to too many accounts it can be blacklisted for security reasons and you cant add or make additional purchases sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Myrddin wrote: »
    If that's true then we may have to review things with regard to allowing discussion on it. The fact that up until now you didn't need to jump through any hoops to buy digitally on alt markets, it more or less stated MS were happy to turn a blind eye to it. But if now, you need a VPN, then they're protecting those markets & as with Netflix, discussion of bypassing restrictions becomes a whole different thing.
    Well they are still not regionally locking down the games as if you bring your Xbox one to Hong Kong you can still purchase from the Hong Kong store in that region. Also bare in mind that vpn so far is not required for purchases made from the US store possibly because of all the American soldiers based in europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Well they are still not regionally locking down the games as if you bring your Xbox one to Hong Kong you can still purchase from the Hong Kong store in that region. Also bare in mind that vpn so far is not required for purchases made from the US store possibly because of all the American soldiers based in europe.

It's more a case of if it comes to pass that vpn type trickery is needed to access these alternate markets, then we'll have to look at that & decide if it's something we will allow discussion on. It's likely no, as in the case of Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Myrddin wrote: »
    It's more a case of if it comes to pass that vpn type trickery is needed to access these alternate markets, then we'll have to look at that & decide if it's something we will allow discussion on. It's likely no, as in the case of Netflix.

I think its a case of there being games released to those markets that arent (and probably wont ever be) on european / US marketplaces, so they've locked off the marketplace as a whole. similar to how you still can't buy movies from the US marketplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Would anybody be able to help me set up my card on the Hong Kong store please ? I can't seem to get it working.

Edit all sorted now. If anybody asks I live in a post office :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Would anybody be able to help me set up my card on the Hong Kong store please ? I can't seem to get it working.

Edit all sorted now. If anybody asks I live in a post office :)

Did it work?

Apparently the region locked it 3 days ago.

Did it work?

Apparently the region locked it 3 days ago.

I haven't tried to buy anything yet but I got my card details onto that region.

Will try buy advance warfare when I get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

think the asian regions are locked now
    can't buy anything for the last couple of the days
    can buy from US store alright
    48e for advanced warfare so cheap enough :)

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    think the asian regions are locked now
    can't buy anything for the last couple of the days
    can buy from US store alright
    48e for advanced warfare so cheap enough :)

That's true. Wish I had got it sorted before now !!

I don't suppose anybody else has seen similar or has any ideas about the below?

I bought the Evil Within Launch Bundle off the US store (only just go around to starting it) - It was meant to come with the Season Pass.
    The game itself and the "The Fighting Chance Pack" both downloaded and installed no bother but when I got to the season pass it still looks for 19.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ronan wrote: »
    I don't suppose anybody else has seen similar or has any ideas about the below?

I bought the Evil Within Launch Bundle off the US store (only just go around to starting it) - It was meant to come with the Season Pass.
    The game itself and the "The Fighting Chance Pack" both downloaded and installed no bother but when I got to the season pass it still looks for 19.99.

Go the billing section on xbox.com and see what you were charged for / bought just to double check.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I haven't tried to buy anything yet but I got my card details onto that region.

Will try buy advance warfare when I get home.

Yup hong Kong was a no go so I set up my US account and pre ordered Advance Warfare for $60 so a bit of a saving over the Irish prices.

Think its actually downloading now.

calex71 wrote: »
    Go the billing section on xbox.com and see what you were charged for / bought just to double check.

Thanks - yeah, checked there and was charged for The Evil Within Launch Bundle.

I bought it on xbox.com and it was downloaded in my Irish profile, I might have got the whole system confused somehow I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭honda boi

Is using paypal to buy stuff on usa marketplace still work?
    Tried getting cod advanced warfare using paypal but not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

honda boi wrote: »
    Is using paypal to buy stuff on usa marketplace still work?
    Tried getting cod advanced warfare using paypal but not working.
    Think Paypal is out for a while, try a credit or debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭honda boi

Nolimits wrote: »
    Think Paypal is out for a while, try a credit or debit card.

Used my visa debit card.
    Can confirm it works. Currently downloading cod advanced warfare €49,not bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Finally getting in on this. So downloading Sunset Overdrive. Do I need to keep my region set as US? Or can I stop the download, sign back into my Irish profile and restart the download as it's crawling.

Regarding any lil updates which may come along in the future, will they download fine with my region set to Ireland, even though I bought the base game from the US store?

Also, Powerstar Golf is the free game in some regions this month. I tried switching to Australia to see if I could get it but no luck. Is there vpn trickery required? If so I can't be bothered. Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement