Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Regional Marketplace Discussion

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

No you should be able to switch region straight away and download will continue
    rizzla wrote: »
    Also, Powerstar Golf is the free game in some regions this month. I tried switching to Australia to see if I could get it but no luck. Is there vpn trickery required? If so I can't be bothered. Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

I'd be a bit wary of doing that. Whatever about switching regions to pay in other currencies, switching to get free games is what the banhammer came out for recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tristannolan

https: //store.xbox.com/es-CL/Xbox-One/Games/FAR-CRY-4-GOLD-EDITION/392de20b-0b7e-46d6-96f4-4f2cce2543ce far cry 4 gold edition
    costs 57.28 in euros

https: //store.xbox.com/es-CL/Xbox-One/Games/Assassins-Creed-Unity-Gold-Edition/77a33413-931d-4be0-8d8d-540c3d54eb56 ac unity gold edition
    57.28 in euros

copy link then backspace at the gap

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https: //store.xbox.com/es-CL/Xbox-One/Games/FAR-CRY-4-GOLD-EDITION/392de20b-0b7e-46d6-96f4-4f2cce2543ce far cry 4 gold edition
    costs 57.28 in euros

https: //store.xbox.com/es-CL/Xbox-One/Games/Assassins-Creed-Unity-Gold-Edition/77a33413-931d-4be0-8d8d-540c3d54eb56 ac unity gold edition
    57.28 in euros

copy link then backspace at the gap

Are they not cheaper in the US store ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are they not cheaper in the US store ?

Nope, thats the gold edition, its normally abotu 90 yoyo.

http://www.digitalgamesprices.com/xboxone.php <- bookmark that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

anyone having problems buying throught the US store on the xbox one itself i'm getting

use a different way to pay
    your purchase cant be completed with this payment option try a different or new way to pay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

dunworth1 wrote: »
    anyone having problems buying throught the US store on the xbox one itself i'm getting

use a different way to pay
    your purchase cant be completed with this payment option try a different or new way to pay

Are you trying with Paypal? I got that too, had to use my credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

rizzla wrote: »
    Are you trying with Paypal? I got that too, had to use my credit card.

was using my debit card then i tried setting up paypal no luck
    so i switched back to the irish region and bought it fine with no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1 revolt

Funny, after searching for a few hours, your board seems to be the only one (at the moment) that addresses this US-Store specific error.

Everthing went smooth the last couple of days, until today. I only get the "PBR9002"-Error when trying to pre-purchase the Halo Collection. I only use my credit card, so there is no paypal involed.

Anyone else having the US-Store problem now? And is there some kind of solution? Contacting the support is a bit tricky, since my IP will tell the support that I'm from germany and my billing address is something that doesn't fit the rest of my credit card profile. Since I bought a few games in the XBox One Store, I don't want to get some kind of ban.

Some people on other sites talked about using redeem codes, but others said that they were unable to pay with the codes that were already activated in their accounts, and I don't wanna waste money on redeem codes that won't work *after* activating them.

Is this blocking just IP / Geotagging-based? Or is it some other kind of trick? PayPal never worked for me. :/

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I bought a game from US store on the console a couple of days ago with no problems, I used xbox live credit from Target though rather than fiddling around with paypal or my credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Shred

Paypal has never worked for for me and my CC worked fine until it was switched to another provider a few months ago. So I purchase US Xbox currency cards and go that way, it works out about €10 dearer but it's still cheapar than buying from bricks and mortar shops or almost €20 in comparisson to the irish store (where games are overpriced).

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Shred wrote: »
    Paypal has never worked for for me and my CC worked fine until it was switched to another provider a few months ago. So I purchase US Xbox currency cards and go that way, it works out about €10 dearer but it's still cheapar than buying from bricks and mortar shops or almost €20 in comparisson to the irish store (where games are overpriced).

Why does it work out dearer with the cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

This place sells for their value
    http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/Xbox-360-Live-Gold-Cards-Codes-Points/US-Region/

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Why does it work out dearer with the cards?
    Nolimits wrote: »

Well you see that's it - a $50 card costs €40, where as buying directly from the US store you can get a new game (worth $60) for circa €42 tax free. So to buy a $60 game using cards you need to buy a $50 & $15 which works out at just over €52.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Well you see that's it - a $50 card costs €40, where as buying directly from the US store you can get a new game (worth $60) for circa €42 tax free. So to buy a $60 game using cards you need to buy a $50 & $15 which works out at just over €52.

Ah yeah, I see what you mean. You still have some credit left over though to put towards dlc or even your next game, long term you're not really losing out.

Yeah, $5.01 and only on my US account. So for instance yesterday I decided to buy the Titanfall Season Pass which was $6.25 and meant I was $1.24 short. So to buy that would have meant purchasing a $15 card for €12.05 which then leaves me with about $13.76 credit and back around we go:P So I ended up buying it from the Irish store for €6.25.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

revolt wrote: »
    Funny, after searching for a few hours, your board seems to be the only one (at the moment) that addresses this US-Store specific error.

Everthing went smooth the last couple of days, until today. I only get the "PBR9002"-Error when trying to pre-purchase the Halo Collection. I only use my credit card, so there is no paypal involed.

Anyone else having the US-Store problem now? And is there some kind of solution? Contacting the support is a bit tricky, since my IP will tell the support that I'm from germany and my billing address is something that doesn't fit the rest of my credit card profile. Since I bought a few games in the XBox One Store, I don't want to get some kind of ban.

Some people on other sites talked about using redeem codes, but others said that they were unable to pay with the codes that were already activated in their accounts, and I don't wanna waste money on redeem codes that won't work *after* activating them.

Is this blocking just IP / Geotagging-based? Or is it some other kind of trick? PayPal never worked for me. :/

Had the exact same problem. Was able to buy CoD:AW from the US store with my card but then got the same message you got when trying to buy Halo. I did find a work-around however. Using Hola on Firefox I set my location to the USA, logged into my account, set the Xbox site to the US and was able to buy Halo with the same details I'd always used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Thats pointing towards geo/ip locking if you got around it using using that

Same problem for me over the weekend, will try using Hola and see if it works

EDIT: confirmed it works! Got the Hola android app, used chrome and it worked straight away. Good man super furry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »
    Same problem for me over the weekend, will try using Hola and see if it works

EDIT: confirmed it works! Got the Hola android app, used chrome and it worked straight away. Good man super furry :)

Can't buy Halo using smartglass, trying on my pc but getting an endless loading screen when I click "buy". I'll try again when I get home but it'll be a shame if this comes to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I was getting that endless loading screen with Chrome, tried it with Firefox and after an initial error, I tried it again and it worked fine.

• Advertisement

Try chrome (through Hola) on your phone and just go to store.xbox.com

It loaded slowly but worked instantly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ok folks, I'm temporarily locking this thread while we discuss what our position is on the matter. Using Netflix as an example, it is our policy that discussion on workarounds for geo locked content is not permitted...& we need to decide policy on this now as a result of people having to use proxies. Bear with us for the moment, cheers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

We've got clarification on this from the office, so this thread is going to remain closed from now on.

I've attached the Mod Notice that I've posted in other major threads, so if you wish to discuss these changes, you can do so.

CatInABox

MOD NOTICE:

Hey Folks

We've got clarification on discussion regarding "Game Sharing" and "Regional Marketplaces", so I'm going to ask you all to take a look at the [thread="2057342221"]"Forum Charter changes regarding "Game Sharing" and "Regional Marketplaces""[/thread] thread, and the [thread="2057093220"]Xbox Forum Charter[/thread].

This is a fairly large change to what's discussed on this forum, so please make sure that you are up to date on the rules, and if you've got any questions, please ask them in that thread, not this one.

CatInABox

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement