Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awards Thread - Madden 25 Edition

Options
  • 02-07-2014 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Some may wish to wait until the end of season 3 to complete this, but as we're only a couple of weeks from the end I thought I'd get it fired up anyway to generate a bit of discussion. If any of the lads who left before the end see this they'll probably fill it out based on what they have seen and won't need/want to wait until the end of this season anyway which is perfectly fine. :)

Basically it's an awards thread incorporating this edition of Madden and the Boards League of same. If you weren't playing for the full 3 seasons please feel free to contribute from what you have experienced during whatever time you were in the league for :)

The "Best Offensive Player" and "Best Defensive Player" awards are actual players you faced, so for example Kenny Vaccaro rather than Paully. The "Best Game" category is your favourite game in the league during Madden 25.

Any other categories feel free to add them in. I'll post my winners in another post to avoid cluttering up the OP.

Best Coach:

Next Best Coach:

Best Rookie Coach:

Most Improved Coach:

Best Offense:

Best Defense:

Best Offensive Player:

Best Defensive Player:

Best Game:

Favourite Opponent:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I'll get the ball rolling. Seems nobody wants to be the first to post in this

Best Coach: Perrien

Has being the most consistent player I've played. I know when I play him that one mistake will be impossible to recover when playing him. Think I might have the beating of him if we meet in the SB

Next Best Coach: Paully

We've played each other twice a season for 6 seasons I think? Always has come down to one score in nearly all our games. We both are very tactical and cautious in our games. I think having too play each other so much as made us both improve as players and made us more competitive with the rest of the league. Next season regardless of the teams that are left I'll probably opt to be in the same division as Paully.

Best Rookie Coach: Kopfan

I'm not too sure who are rookie coaches at this stage, but i'll say Kopfan. Although we haven't played you made a great late run and narrowly missed out on the playoffs this year. If you played from the beginning of the season you would most definitely have being in it.

Most Improved Coach:

Going to go with Paully on this one again, a far more consistent player

Best Offense: Best offense

I'm going to give to Gatsby, when he's on a roll passing he's impossible to stop. Turnovers are the only thing that stops him.

Best Defense: Perrien

Plays a great lockdown D. A made deep ball is definitely an INT.

Best Offensive Player: Cant Really comment maybe McAvoy the Falcons TE

Best Defensive Player: Lofton from the saints is a power on stopping the run

Best Game: This Season with Perriens chargers came down to the last throw

Favorite Opponent: Paully too many good games, never a bad one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Best Coach:
    Perrin - my nemesis. Have played him the most out of everyone and we were pretty even for a while but you really improved this year mate. Couldn't touch him with his chiefs this year. Probably heard some of the choicest swear words through my mike :P Serious player all round and top notch lad

Next Best Coach:
    Guns4all - Ive played him pretty much every season and in the playoffs and only in our last game did I manage to win my 1st game! Really consistent and loads of different looks on offence make him a really good opponent.

Best Rookie Coach:
    Kopfan - New guy but hope you stay around. Took a losing CPU team and gave them a run for the playoffs. Looking forward to maybe playing you next year

Most Improved Coach:
    Pudsy - Came through this season with a serious playoff run after last year disappointment. We all know how hard it is the play madden consistently and not win so really impressed that he stuck to it this season and showed his merit.

Best Offense:
    RockLesner - Despite his insistent calls that CPU colts is better than him controlling it, I found his offence quite hard to stop once it got going. Playmakers in WR, HB and QB really standout for me and our games are always close!

Best Defense:
    Perrin - Haven't played his chargers yet but his chiefs for previous two seasons have been standout the best I've ever played. Different looks and unbelievable run defence force you to throw the ball against CB/SS that you just don't wanna throw against! Great stuff

Best Offensive Player:
    Matt Schuab :P Nahhh ehh, i'd say Guns's Gronk, always had to watch him and dictated the way I set up defensively.

Best Defensive Player:
    Any of Perrins front 7

Best Game:
    Last game against Heli, loads of twists and turns and got a sick satisfaction out of going unbeaten this year against him :cool: :pac::pac:

Favourite Opponent: Rock and Heli!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Best Coach:

Perrin, Not much competition here to be honest.

Next Best Coach:

Close one, but I'll go Giffney here.

Best Rookie Coach:

How many rookie coaches have we had? Knex maybe.

Most Improved Coach:

Empacher. Close call with a few others though.

Best Offense:

Giffney, that broadband cutting out trick notwithstanding.

Best Defense:

Perrin. Crazy user control.

Best Offensive Player:

Arian Foster I think. Running backs in general I really struggled with.

Best Defensive Player:

Whoever the hell Perrin was controlling at any given time. Actually Joe Haden to give a proper answer, made a few crazy picks against me.

Best Game:

i don't know, had some good games, one against Heli in season 3 that sticks out, good games against the Texans also.

Favourite Opponent:

Don't want to vote Perrin in another category, so I'll go Heli, always fun to play against.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

I swear I'll get good internet lads...anything is better than 4mbs...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

I swear I'll get good internet lads...anything is better than 4mbs...

I have only 2 mb and I never get disconnections or lag! B-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Best Coach: This one would have to be Perrin. Dominated with the Chiefs and went to a Chargers team who had been decimated by free agency and had a perfect season. I remember when he first came into the league we played each other loads in friendlies and while they were often close games, I'd usually get the upper hand. How times have changed! :pac:

Next Best Coach: Empacher for me. A run to the Super Bowl with the Buccaneers is a great achievement especially considering the NFC South was a full human league for a time and had 3 human players in it for the duration of the league. This year looks to be no different as he won the division losing only a few games, boasting a ridiculously good passing offense that's almost impossible to stop.

Best Rookie Coach: I believe Knex was a rookie for Madden 25? He'd be my shout for this award if so. He has done a great job with the Eagles. Honourable mention to Kopfan who did a good job in his short time with the Packers and should prove to be a difficult opponent for Madden 16, especially getting the chance to get hold of a team from day one.

Most Improved Coach: Empacher for the reasons mentioned above. Getting to the playoffs every year and reaching the Super Bowl in at least one of those with the Buccaneers, a team who were by far from elite in Madden, is very good.

Best Offense: Buccaneers. The only player who I played this year whose offense I literally just could not stop no matter what I tried, despite having one of the top ranked defenses in the league.

Best Defense: Bears. I usually have a lot of success running the ball, but Raoul's Bears completely shut my run game down. I just stopped trying to run the ball after a while and focused completely on the pass during one of our games. A difficult player to throw the ball against too I found. Certainly the toughest defense I faced in the three seasons.

Best Offensive Player: I can't recall their names off hand, but any of what seemed to be the 40 Buccaneers TE's :pac: A matchup nightmare each and every snap.

Best Defensive Player: J.J. Watt. I only played him twice, but when compiling statistics etc he was always at the top of the defensive lists no matter who he played with, Falcons or Texans. A sack and tackle for a loss machine.

Best Game: I've had too many good ones against Empacher to count, but the single best game I played this edition of Madden was against Raoul. A 27-24 overtime (IIRC) slog which I came out the right side of. I didn't think Madden could make you tired, but I was honestly drained after this one. Such a tactical battle that went on for well over an hour. Lengthy drive after drive after drive. There was one punt in the game which I forced in OT and managed to get into FG range to win it at the end. Superb game.

Favourite Opponent: It's hard to peg this down to just one. For example, Empacher and myself always have close battles, Gatsby is a divisional rival and good banter on the mic, Pudsy and Padraic are great for a chat about our Ravens during a game and you learn so much about the X's and O's playing Berty. I'd have to give it to Empacher though, purely for the closeness of all of our regular season games and the divisional rivalry etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Best Coach: Not Perrin

Next Best Coach: Not Perrin either

Best Rookie Coach: Can't be Perrin

Most Improved Coach: Not Perrin

Best Offense: Not Perrin

Best Defense: Not Perrin

Best Offensive Player: Not Perrin's players

Best Defensive Player: Not Perrin's players

Best Game:Not featuring Perrin

Favourite Opponent:Definitely not Perrin

Who's bitter about the season 1 Superbowl? Not me...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Best Coach:Didn't know whether I should factor in what type of roster the coach has build,trades etc.Anyway very tempted to give it to Knex after playing him in the superbowl but I'm gonna give it to Empacher,consistently very good every season,very tough opponent and built a monsterous roster(I remember checking it this mid season and there were a load of players 90+ :eek:)

Next Best Coach:Giffney-I think he's gotten to at least to the divisional game every season,lost JJ Watt for the final season but then went 16-0 that season,thats no mean feat,built a good roster too.

Best Rookie Coach:Knex-A shoo-in here,a rookie who doesn't play like a rookie if ya get my meaning :pac:,has done a really impressive job with an eagles team who I dare say hasn't that many elite players(minus McCoy of course),huge loss to the league this season too.
    Honourable mention to Kopfan

Most Improved Coach:This is a hard one to call as some players I haven't played at all in the franchise so can only really judge it on those I've played a few times,therefore I'll give it Giffney.As said 16 and 0 in season 3.

Best Offense:Bucc's

Best Defense:Eagles

Best Offensive Player:That monster TE for Bucc's and AJ Green,neither drop the ball.

Best Defensive Player:Revis,shutdown Crabtree this season

Best Game:Game versus Bucc's this season,came down to the last throw.

Favourite Opponent: No1 was in my division so can't pick anyone there,probably Giffney,we've played every season,might have picked Mikey if he was around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Best Coach:Didn't know whether I should factor in what type of roster the coach has build,trades etc.Anyway very tempted to give it to Knex after playing him in the superbowl but I'm gonna give it to Empacher,consistently very good every season,very tough opponent and built a monsterous roster(I remember checking it this mid season and there were a load of players 90+ :eek:)

Next Best Coach:Giffney-I think he's gotten to at least to the divisional game every season,lost JJ Watt for the final season but then went 16-0 that season,thats no mean feat,built a good roster too.

Best Rookie Coach:Knex-A shoo-in here,a rookie who doesn't play like a rookie if ya get my meaning :pac:,has done a really impressive job with an eagles team who I dare say hasn't that many elite players(minus McCoy of course),huge loss to the league this season too.

Most Improved Coach:This is a hard one to call as some players I haven't played at all in the franchise so can only really judge it on those I've played a few times,therefore I'll give it Giffney.As said 16 and 0 in season 3.

Best Offensive Player:That monster TE for Bucc's and AJ Green,neither drop the ball.

Favourite Opponent: No1 was in my division so can't pick anyone there,probably Giffney,we've played every season,might have picked Mikey if he was around.

tumblr_inline_mgp3egf2ol1ro2d43.gif

Miss u 2 babz.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

PerrinV2 wrote: »

You wouldn't be saying I had the best defense if you had played me even a few weeks earlier.

Think I was ranked last in Season 2 (my first full season) :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement