Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Upgrade for Greystones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭UnawareCaesar

Still waiting for more than 3Mb here in "an e-fibre enabled" area

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Shazerina

Looks like Greystones is getting 200 - 1000 MB Broadband as part of the Vodafone / ESB Fibre rollout announced today.

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/comms/item/37476-esb-and-vodafone-reveal/

Greystones is on the list of 50 named towns for early 2015.

We had a vodafone guy selling it at the door the day before yesterday. Up to 70mb in the next 3-6 weeks and then 100mb in sept. Checked online with eircom to see if they were now saying my estate was enabled... No. So am changing over. It'll be €15 cheaper a month for the service I want. Faster broadband, cheaper and available... A No brainer really. Have to pay a €25 cancellation fee to eircom but it's worth it. I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Shazerina wrote: »
    We had a vodafone guy selling it at the door the day before yesterday. Up to 70mb in the next 3-6 weeks and then 100mb in sept. Checked online with eircom to see if they were now saying my estate was enabled... No. So am changing over. It'll be €15 cheaper a month for the service I want. Faster broadband, cheaper and available... A No brainer really. Have to pay a €25 cancellation fee to eircom but it's worth it. I hope!

Vodafone use eircom's network so if you can't get eFibre from eircom, you can't get Vodafone's equivalent either (this ESB news story is for a new service that is at least a year away).

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Shazerina

loyatemu wrote: »
    Vodafone use eircom's network so if you can't get eFibre from eircom, you can't get Vodafone's equivalent either (this ESB news story is for a new service that is at least a year away).

I thought that alright about eircom & vodafone. So either eircom are slow to update their system or vodafone are selling prematurely.
    (I actually didn't read the article linked above; am just very excited at the thoughts of proper broadband again!!)

Advertisement