Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

grease traps

• 02-07-2014 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭

just wondering what do ye do with the contents of your grease trap? is it ok i wonder to pur it into septic tank? that way you are avoiding the problem of the pipes blocking and its nice and handy place to put it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

I wouldn't attempt to put it in the Septic Tank under any circumstances as your likely to create an even bigger problem with your percolation system.
    You can bring it to your local recycling centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

how would you bring it though? in a big bucket with lid? how often do you empty it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Do Not Put It In The Septic Tank.
    If it was meant to go into the septic tank you would not have a grease trap to start with.
    Is the grease trap a domestic or a commercial installation?
    How big is it and when was it emptied last?
    There are some licensed companies who will supply you with large drums, usually two, one for the heavier grease and fats and the other for the lighter oily stuff.
    They come and lift the two drums and leave two empties, but I'm not sure about what they charge these days.
    Or else, if its reasonably accessible, just get them in to completely empty it out.
    Less hassle and cleaner for you.

its domestic, jfc make them. only a small bucket with a handle and mancover on top. thought their idea was to stop the pipes going to septic tank getting blocked, didnt know it affected the actual tank aswell, seen as alot of older houses dont have a trap and it goes straight to tank. was emptied about a month ago. used to throw it in with grass clippings to compost but doesnt suit either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Emptying it really depends on how quickly it all builds up and starts to affect the drain into it.
    Busy kitchens in a restaurant or hotel would be getting theirs cleaned out every month or two, so I imagine yours should last longer than that if its only a domestic situation.

• Advertisement

thanks for your feedback k.flyer

Advertisement