Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phone Watch Sensor Problem

Options
  • 02-07-2014 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I don't know much about the eircom systems, a mate is having a problem with a sensor it keeps saying the zone is open. I swapped the battery with a different sensor, same problem I checked the reed is closing and that's fine.

When I put the system into sensor test open/close and bang the window No response. Pop the lid and flick the tamper switch the panel sees it.

*Note: when swapping batteries the tamper switch did not sound the alarm on both sensors
    * When I press * on the panel for the status it says AC power problem.
    *All other zones responded to sensor test.

Any advice?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi Guys,

I don't know much about the eircom systems, a mate is having a problem with a sensor it keeps saying the zone is open. I swapped the battery with a different sensor, same problem I checked the reed is closing and that's fine.

When I put the system into sensor test open/close and bang the window No response. Pop the lid and flick the tamper switch the panel sees it.

*Note: when swapping batteries the tamper switch did not sound the alarm on both sensors
    * When I press * on the panel for the status it says AC power problem.
    *All other zones responded to sensor test.

Any advice?

Thanks

Sounds like the reed on the sensor is faulty.
    Do you know what system he has installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Have you attempted to wire any extra devices into that sensor ? Check that nothing is connected into the bottom terminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

The only thing connected is the shock device, I didn't add anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

The shock sensor do not have inputs to wire extra devices out of.
    They do have a reed which is activated by pin 5 on the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

It's a phonewatch alarm so I just assumed it was an RF contact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

It is an RF contact

Advertisement